Subject: [payload] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-header-extension-00.txt

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:18:34 +0000

Hi all,

In Berlin's payload session presentation of the H.265 payload format
(graciously hosted by AVTcore), I mentioned that we want to include
support for temporal scalability in the draft H.265 payload format.
Attached a quick draft showing how this could be done--basically a (we
believe) improved variant of the PACSI NAL unit of RFC 6190.  There are
two alternative proposals in the draft, trading off alignment with design
principles of H.265 one one side and efficiency on the other.

Vidyo has IPR on this draft, which we will make available under terms like
this: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1622/.  I believe that the concepts
of this draft should be included in the H.265 payload format itself,
rather than being stand-alone.  Once that happens, or if the group decides
the draft to stay stand-alone, we will file the official IPR disclosure
against the then-current and appropriate document, so not to clutter the
database.  

Comments welcome.

Thanks,
Stephan

On 9.26.2013 13:08 , "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D,
>draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-header-extension-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Stephan Wenger and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-header-extension
>Revision:	 00
>Title:		 H.265 Payload Header Extension and Temporal Scalability Support
>Creation date:	 2013-09-26
>Group:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 10
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-head
>er-extension-00.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-header-e
>xtension
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wenger-payload-h265-payload-header-extens
>ion-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   Proposed are the allocation of a NAL unit type from the
>   "unspecified" set of NAL units of H.265 [HEVC] for the purpose of
>   payload header extensions, a generic syntax for the use of that
>   pseudo NAL unit, and one application for it: the signaling of
>   temporal scalability support information.  Two alternative designs
>   are included.  The content of this draft is intended for
>   incorporation into the H.265 RTP payload [h265-payload].
>
>
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>