Subject: [payload] Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-g7110-03.txt> (RTP Payload Format for G.711.0) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:32:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for G.711.0'
  <draft-ietf-payload-g7110-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
   payload format for ITU-T Recommendation G.711.0.  ITU-T Rec. G.711.0
   defines a lossless and stateless compression for G.711 packet
   payloads typically used in IP networks.  This document also defines a
   storage mode format for G.711.0 and a media type registration for the
   G.711.0 RTP payload format.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-g7110/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-g7110/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.