Subject: [payload] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq-00.txt

From: James Barrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:01:01 +0000

I would like to request that this draft "RTP Payload Format for VC-2 HQ Profile Video” be reviewed by the working group.

In formatting it I have made use of the template in draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-14 and have attempted to follow the guidelines in that document.
--
James P. Weaver (né Barrett)
Research Engineer
BBC R&D North Lab,
Floor 5 Dock House, MediaCity,
M50 2LH
Tel: +44(0)30 3040-9521
e-mail: [email-masked]

Begin forwarded message:

From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq-00.txt
Date: 14 August 2015 11:46:15 BST
To: "James P. Weaver" <[email-masked]>, "James P. Weaver" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by James P. Weaver and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq
Revision:	00
Title:		RTP Payload Format for VC-2 HQ Profile Video
Document date:	2015-08-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		16
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-weaver-payload-rtp-vc2hq-00

Abstract:
  This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the High Quality (HQ)
  profile of SMPTE Standard ST 2042-1 known as VC-2.  This document
  describes the transport of HQ Profile VC-2 in RTP packets and has
  applications for low-complexity, high-bandwidth streaming of both
  lossless and lossy compressed video.

  The HQ profile of VC-2 is intended for low latency video compression
  (with latency potentially on the order of lines of video) at high
  data rates (with compression ratios on the order of 2:1 or 4:1).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Thomas Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:46:38 +0000

I support the adoption of the VC-2 RTP Payload Format work by the payload
group.

My first comment is that the title should be changed to "RTP Payload
Format for SMPTE VC-2 HQ Profile Video."

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Edwards	
VP Engineering & Development
FOX Networks Engineering and Operations
[email-masked]
Phone: +1.310.369.6696
10201 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035

On 8/14/15, 4:01 AM, "James Barrett" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I would like to request that this draft "RTP Payload Format for VC-2 HQ
>Profile Video² be reviewed by the working group.
>
>
>
>In formatting it I have made use of the template in
>draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-14 and have attempted to follow the
>guidelines in that document.
>
>--
>
>URL:            
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_internet
>-2Ddrafts_draft-2Dweaver-2Dpayload-2Drtp-2Dvc2hq-2D00.txt&d=AwIGaQ&c=uw6TL
>u4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEH
>gd0quQxly8&m=gy34t4t-CjGI8OnkES2XOexlx1HXk2y1sbDXkuAYM_U&s=_xh9-gXNARMKNCl
>LN1CZk0ZCyKQeV5iI1-1omXmSRIY&e=
>
>Status:         
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_
>doc_draft-2Dweaver-2Dpayload-2Drtp-2Dvc2hq_&d=AwIGaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwc
>WD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=g
>y34t4t-CjGI8OnkES2XOexlx1HXk2y1sbDXkuAYM_U&s=pnvEHvdn_GaX3iCL1evQTt2DLGkJf
>H9QlUMbNiH9kco&e= 
>
>Htmlized:       
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tools.ietf.org_html_d
>raft-2Dweaver-2Dpayload-2Drtp-2Dvc2hq-2D00&d=AwIGaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcW
>D4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=gy
>34t4t-CjGI8OnkES2XOexlx1HXk2y1sbDXkuAYM_U&s=JGIpf83ZX0sZ0By5XWXphhydNrKRVu
>DzjRrGxqte900&e= 
>
>
>
>
>
>Abstract:
>
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tools.ietf.org&d=AwIGa
>Q&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyht
>NnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=gy34t4t-CjGI8OnkES2XOexlx1HXk2y1sbDXkuAYM_U&s=PZRii6
>BNVZui0AWzAZ-KWwJWU-m025BKejGDIlUpUnI&e= .
>
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>payload mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_
>listinfo_payload&d=AwIGaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=
>lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=gy34t4t-CjGI8OnkES2XOexlx1HX
>k2y1sbDXkuAYM_U&s=YCaHDigHAxAdC3eplqjTtVFhSV6jZ71edg_vdDbq04w&e=