Subject: [payload] RFC 7655 on RTP Payload Format for G.711.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 00:36:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7655

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for G.711.0 
        Author:     M. Ramalho, Ed.,
                    P. Jones, N. Harada,
                    M. Perumal, L. Miao
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 77477
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-g7110-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7655

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7655

This document specifies the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
payload format for ITU-T Recommendation G.711.0.  ITU-T Rec. G.711.0
defines a lossless and stateless compression for G.711 packet
payloads typically used in IP networks.  This document also defines a
storage mode format for G.711.0 and a media type registration for the
G.711.0 RTP payload format.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Official Internet Protocol Standards 
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the standardization state and 
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC