Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 20:43:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for MELPe Codec
        Authors         : Victor Demjanenko
                          David Satterlee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-11-03

Abstract:
   This document describes the RTP payload format for the Mixed
   Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced (MELPe) speech coder algorithm
   developed by Atlanta Signal Processing (ASPI), Texas Instruments
   (TI), SignalCom (now Microsoft) and Thales Communications with noise
   preprocessor contributions from AT&T under contract with NSA/DOD as
   international NATO Standard STANAG 4591.  All three different speech
   encoding rates and sample frames sizes are included.  Comfort noise
   procedures and packet loss concealment are detailed.  Also, within
   the document there are included necessary details for the use of MELP
   with SDP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-melpe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 18:55:48 +0000

The abstract of this document could do with something of a revision.

The abstract should concentrate on what this document is, which is a payload format for MELPe, along with the associated SDP usage.

How MELPe was developed and financed should go in the introduction, if it appears at all.

Regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: payload [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 04 November 2015 04:44
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
payload mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload