Subject: [payload] Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-06.txt> (RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291 Ancillary Data) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:48:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291 Ancillary Data'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an RTP Payload format for SMPTE Ancillary data,
   as defined by SMPTE ST 291-1.  SMPTE Ancillary data is generally used
   along with professional video formats to carry a range of ancillary
   data types, including time code, Closed Captioning, and the Active
   Format Description (AFD).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.