Subject: Re: [payload] WGLC on draft-ietf-payload-tetra-00

From: "Dave Satterlee (Vocal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:03:51 -0400

Review Comments for:
 
 RTP Payload Format for the TETRA Audio Codec
 draft-ietf-payload-tetra-00
 
July 10, 2018 by
David Satterlee
[email-masked]
 
The draft appears to be generally well specified and useful.
 
Review Comments:

1.  Introduction

It would seem to me that:
TErrestial Trunked Radio (TETRA)

should be have a capital A (in multiple places in the document):
TErrestial Trunked RAdio (TETRA)

4.3.7.  S: Spare (7 bits)

The use of 'those' appears awkward. There are a number of these cases throughout the document:

<< Those bits are reserved for future use and set to "0" currently.
>> The S bits...

5.  Payload example

<< The following example shows how a first and a consecutive 30 ms frame
   is combined into a single 60ms RTP packet. 

>> The use of consecutive is awkward - maybe subsequent, or second consecutive?

8.1.  Offer/Answer Considerations

<< o  Integer multiples of 30ms SHALL be used for ptime.  It is
      recommended to use packet size of 60ms.  Even if there is no good
      reason why not doing so, there is no need that ptime and maxptime
      parameters are negotiated symmetrically.

>> o  Integer multiples of 30ms SHALL be used for ptime.  It is
      recommended to use packet size of 60ms.  There is no need that
      the ptime and maxptime parameters be negotiated symmetrically.

8.2.  Declarative SDP Considerations

<< For declarative media, the "ptime" and "maxptime" parameter specifies
   the possible variants used by the sender.

>> For declarative media, the "ptime" and "maxptime" parameter specify
   the possible variants used by the sender.