Subject: [payload] RFC 8450 on RTP Payload Format for VC-2 High Quality (HQ) Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 16:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8450

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for VC-2 
                    High Quality (HQ) Profile 
        Author:     J. Weaver
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 51777
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8450

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8450

This memo describes an RTP payload format for the High Quality (HQ)
profile of Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
Standard ST 2042-1, known as VC-2.  This document describes the
transport of HQ Profile VC-2 in RTP packets and has applications for
low-complexity, high-bandwidth streaming of both lossless and lossy
compressed video.

The HQ profile of VC-2 is intended for low-latency video compression
(with latency potentially on the order of lines of video) at high
data rates (with compression ratios on the order of 2:1 or 4:1).

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC