Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:01:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for Flexible Forward Error Correction (FEC)
        Authors         : Mo Zanaty
                          Varun Singh
                          Ali Begen
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2019-02-12

Abstract:
   This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) packets that are generated by the non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes from source media encapsulated in RTP.
   These parity codes are systematic codes, where a number of FEC repair
   packets are generated from a set of source packets from one or more
   source RTP streams.  These FEC repair packets are sent in a
   redundancy RTP stream separate from the source RTP stream(s) that
   carries the source packets.  RTP source packets that were lost in
   transmission can be reconstructed using the source and repair packets
   that were received.  The non-interleaved and interleaved parity codes
   which are defined in this specification offer a good protection
   against random and bursty packet losses, respectively, at a cost of
   complexity.  The RTP payload formats that are defined in this
   document address scalability issues experienced with the earlier
   specifications, and offer several improvements.  Due to these
   changes, the new payload formats are not backward compatible with
   earlier specifications, but endpoints that do not implement this
   specification can still work by simply ignoring the FEC repair
   packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Giridhar Mandyam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 22:06:04 +0000

Hello All,
Please note that this latest version is in response to the following LC reviews:

GenArt - several misspellings, and additional guidance in Section 8.
SecDir - reference to DTLS in Sec 9 added to replace reference to TLS
TsvArt - Added Sec. 1.1.5 on Flexible Mask usage.  Clarified use of ToP.
IANA - clarified in Sec. 10 the relevant section for IANA

-----Original Message-----
From: payload <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-17.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
payload mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload