Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:58:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for Flexible Forward Error Correction (FEC)
        Authors         : Mo Zanaty
                          Varun Singh
                          Ali Begen
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-20.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2019-05-16

Abstract:
   This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) packets that are generated by the non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes from source media encapsulated in RTP.
   These parity codes are systematic codes (Flexible FEC, or "FLEX
   FEC"), where a number of FEC repair packets are generated from a set
   of source packets from one or more source RTP streams.  These FEC
   repair packets are sent in a redundancy RTP stream separate from the
   source RTP stream(s) that carries the source packets.  RTP source
   packets that were lost in transmission can be reconstructed using the
   source and repair packets that were received.  The non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes which are defined in this specification
   offer a good protection against random and bursty packet losses,
   respectively, at a cost of complexity.  The RTP payload formats that
   are defined in this document address scalability issues experienced
   with the earlier specifications, and offer several improvements.  Due
   to these changes, the new payload formats are not backward compatible
   with earlier specifications, but endpoints that do not implement this
   specification can still work by simply ignoring the FEC repair
   packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-20
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/