Subject: changes draft-ietf-psamp-mib-03.txt

From: Thomas Dietz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:35:51 +0200

Dear all,

here is the list of changes for the PSAMP MIB draft:

* renamed almost all objects to stay below the 32 char limit
* removed the ...Next from all parameter set tables
  The functionality achieved with the ...Next has now moved to a new
  table in the instance section.
* changed the datatype of some objects to reflect the sample tech
  requirements
* added the parameter set table to all sampling and filtering method,
  even if it is an empty table for consistency
* added capabilities to Random n-out-of-N sampling
* changed parameter for uniform probabilistic sampling from population/size
  pair to a single probability value
* changed collector group indexing, so we just use the index from the
  collector table to reference which collectors belong to which group i.e.
  if the row in the table is there the collector belongs to the collector
  group.
* introduced a new table in the instance group called method chain table:
  this table uses as a first index the index of the instance table. This
  index indicates to which instance the method referenced in the row belongs.
  The second index indicates the order in which the methods a applied for
  a given instance (in index 1). The method itself is referenced by an
  object identifier pointing to a row in a parameter set table.

  This approach has several advantages:

  o only one parameter set table entry is needed if the same
    parameter is used for different instances
  o by using the indexes from other tables the linkage between the
    tables is automatically established

There are still many open issues. Any feedback is very welcome. If
somebody has good ideas for solving one of the open issues don't hesitate
to make proposal on- or offline.

Regards,

Thomas

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/psamp/>