Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-psamp-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:46:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Passive Packet Measurement
	Author(s)	: N. Duffield
	Filename	: draft-ietf-psamp-framework-06.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-7-22
	
This document specifies a framework for the PSAMP (Packet Sampling) 
      protocol. The functions of this protocol are to select packets from 
      a stream according to a set of standardized reports, form ra stream 
      of reports on the selected packets, and to export that stream to a 
      collector. This framework details the components of this 
      architecture, then describes some generic requirements, motivated 
      the dual aims of ubiquitous deployment and utility of the reports 
      for applications. Detailed requirements for selection, reporting 
      and export are described, along with configuration of the PSAMP 
      functions.    
       
      Comments on this document should be addressed to the PSAMP Working 
      Group mailing list: [email-masked] 
      To subscribe: [email-masked], in body: subscribe
      Archive: https://ops.ietf.org/lists/psamp/

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-psamp-framework-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.