Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-08-18 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-08-18).

Updated 2:26:24 EDT, August 15, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            INT         Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Ethernet
                        Over MPLS Networks (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
                        draft-ietf-pwe3-ethernet-encap-10.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            INT         PWE3 Control Word for use over an MPLS PSN
                        (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 8
                        draft-ietf-pwe3-cw-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            INT         ATM over L2TPv3 (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 8
                        draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-atm-03.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Ron da Silva is the PROTO Shepherd for
                        this document.
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         Frame-Relay over L2TPv3 (Proposed Standard) - 4
                        of 8
                        draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-fr-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Ron da Silva will be the PROTO shepherd
                        for this document.
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         HDLC Frames over L2TPv3 (Proposed Standard) - 5
                        of 8
                        draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-hdlc-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Ron da Silva will be the PROTO shepherd
                        for this document.
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
                        Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with
            OPS  Aug 11 Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (Proposed
                        Standard) - 6 of 8
                        draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-08.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: IETF Last Call expires on Aug 19th (one
                        day after IESG telechat)
                        so I (Bert) will hold a DISCUSS to ensure we
                        evaluate all IETF
                        LC comments that may come in up to and
                        including the 19th.
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
                        Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address
            INT         Autoconfiguration in IPv6 (Draft Standard) - 7
                        of 8
                        draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         Handling of Unknown DNS Resource Record (RR)
                        Types (Draft) - 8 of 8
                        rfc3597.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: Olaf Kolkman will be the PROTO shepherd
                        for this document. The interoperability report
                        can be found at:Â  http://www.ietf.org/
                        internet-drafts/
                        draft-ietf-dnsext-interop3597-02.txt
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            INT  Aug 10 Deprecation of "ip6.int" (BCP) - 1 of 2
                        draft-huston-ip6-int-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            GEN         Standardization of Multilingualizing Domain
                        Names(MLDN) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                        draft-ekrema-smldn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: On the agenda to request IESG support for
                        a DNP response to this document (see ballot
                        write-up and technical reviews in the tracker
                        comments section, as they become available).
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman

          2.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

        3.1.1 New Item

          Area  Date

          INT         Low Latency Handoffs in Mobile IPv4
                      (Experimental) - 1 of 3
                      draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-10.txt
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
          INT         Extension to Sockets API for Mobile IPv6
                      (Informational) - 2 of 3
                      draft-ietf-mip6-mipext-advapi-04.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
                      Guidelines for Usage of the Session Initiation
          TSV         Protocol (SIP) Caller Preferences Extension
                      (Informational) - 3 of 3
                      draft-ietf-sipping-callerprefs-usecases-04.txt
                      Note: PROTO shepherd
                      [email-masked]
               Token: Allison Mankin

        3.1.2 Returning Item
              NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Additional cryptographic algorithms for use
             SEC         with GOST 28147-89, GOST R 34.10-94, GOST R
                         34.10-2001, and GOST R 34.11-94 algorithms.
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-popov-cryptopro-cpalgs-03.txt
                  Token: Russ Housley

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

            3.3.1 New Item
                  NONE
            3.3.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                OPS  Aug 10 A Proposed Media Delivery Index
                            (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-welch-mdi-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                            Note: Potential conflicts/overlap with IETF
                            ongoing work have been identified.
                            Bert is checking with authors for their
                            reaction.
                     Token: Bert Wijnen

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Jun 9  Ad Hoc Network Configuration
                                    (autoconf) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Margaret

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News