Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-09-01 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:00:29 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-09-01).

Updated 2:26:55 EDT, August 29, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             SEC         Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 10
                         draft-ietf-tls-rfc3546bis-01.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
             APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2
                         of 10
                         Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
                         CATENATE Extension (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                         10
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-catenate-05.txt
                         Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) -
                         URLAUTH Extension (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-urlauth-07.txt
                         Message Submission BURL Extension (Proposed
                         Standard)
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-burl-02.txt
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             TSV         RTP Payload Format for 3GPP Timed Text
                         (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 10
                         draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-15.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd:
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             APP         Quota and Size Properties for DAV Collections
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
                         draft-ietf-webdav-quota-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
                         Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
             SEC         Authority Information Access CRL Extension
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 10
                         draft-ietf-pkix-crlaia-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             SEC         SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes (Proposed
                         Standard) - 6 of 10
                         draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             SEC  Aug 8  Secure Shell (SSH) Session Channel Break
                         Extension (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 10
                         draft-ietf-secsh-break-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             TSV         The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 10
                         draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Last Call will end 9/2.Â  The companion
                         mmusic document
                         got its Last Call ending 9/1 and this one
                         slipped over to the next day.Â
                         If IETF wide issues arise, it is possible to
                         remove
                         the document from the closely following IESG
                         consideration.  IETF Last Call review is
                         encouraged!
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Session Description Protocol (SDP) Format for
             TSV         Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) Streams
                         (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 10
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd Colin Perkins
                         [email-masked]
                         IETF Last Call for this document ends 9/1.Â
                         If there IETF wide issues arise, it is
                         possible to remove
                         the document from the closely following IESG
                         consideration.Â  IETF Last Call review is
                         encouraged!
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         GSSAPI Authentication and Key Exchange for the
             SEC         Secure Shell Protocol (Proposed Standard) - 10
                         of 10
                         draft-ietf-secsh-gsskeyex-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Proto Shepherd: [email-masked]
                  Token: Sam Hartman

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         Certificate Extensions and Attributes
             SEC         Supporting Authentication in Point-to-Point
                         Protocol (PPP) and Wireless Local Area
                         Networks (WLAN) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3770bis-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                         Back on the agenda to see where we are with
                         Mark's discus.
                  Token: Sam Hartman

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Improved Arcfour Modes for the Secure Shell
             SEC         (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
                         The AES-XCBC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the
             SEC         Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 2 of 2
                         draft-hoffman-rfc3664bis-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley

          2.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE
          2.2.3 For Action

            Area  Date

            GEN         Standardization of Multilingualizing Domain
                        Names(MLDN) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ekrema-smldn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: On the agenda to request IESG support for
                        a DNP response to this document (see ballot
                        write-up and technical reviews in the tracker
                        comments section, as they become available).
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                INT         Extension to Sockets API for Mobile IPv6
                            (Informational) - 1 of 2
                            draft-ietf-mip6-mipext-advapi-04.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                     Token: Margaret Wasserman
                INT         Neighbor Discovery Proxies (ND Proxy)
                            (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                            draft-ietf-ipv6-ndproxy-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Margaret Wasserman

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event
             TSV         Package and Data Format for Various Settings
                         in Support for the Push-to-talk Over Cellular
                         (PoC) Service (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-garcia-sipping-poc-isb-am-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Forwarded by SIPPING WG's Expert
                         Reviewer, Gonzalo Camarillo, per RFC 3427
                         Sent for ietf-types review Aug 6
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE
     3.2.3 For Action

        Area  Date

        APP         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Formal Namespace for
                    the New Zealand Government (Informational) - 1 of 1
                    draft-hendrikx-wallis-urn-nzl-00.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
                    Note: Sent to URN-NID for review
             Token: Ted Hardie

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        SEC  Aug 26 Integrated Security Model for SNMP
                                    (isms) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Sam

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News