Subject: Need your participation in NEWTRK

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 01:53:10 -0700

Dear WG chair and directorate members-

 I would _really_ like to encourage you to participate in the discussion in
 the NEWTRK WG.

 NEWTRK is currently discussing a proposal of a new series of documents
 (ISDs and SRDs), that would supposedly fix a problem (note an "a") with
 the IETF STD series.

 In my opinion, the WG is not solving the more important problems with the
 STD track (3-stage process, WG snapshots, etc.), and is adding unnecessary
 overhead. I have made my opinion known at the meeting today multiple
 times.

 Community representation in the WG is rather limited, and participation
 from the RTG folks and especially WG chairs would be extremely welcome.

 For info: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/newtrk-charter.html

 Thank you!
 
-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:10:27 +0100

Hi,

For those of us unable to attend the meeting owing to other engagements,
would it be possible for you summarize your concerns and issues so we can
look at them ahead of the publication of the minutes? Perhaps there is an
email on the newtrk list you can point us at.

Cheers,
Adrian

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:22:12 +0200

Alex,

I attened the newtrk meeting in Paris and left if more confused than
I was when I got there.

There were talk about "grouping documents",but it was not clear what
the grouping conditions are and if one single rfc could be part of more
than one grouping. And if so what would the impact be on one grouping
if an rfc changes becasue of another?

Is there a crash course where it is possible to get up to speed?

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]