Subject: RE: WG summaries for Paris

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:09:52 -0600

IDR Meeting met on 8/4/2005.

Yakov reported on the base BGP specifications (base document,
MIB, protocol analysis, security vulnerabilities, experience and
Implementations) were still at the RFC editor (no change.)  
At the IESG are: BGP Cease codes (new), graceful restart,
Multi-protocol BGP, and route-reflection.  Two specifications have
two implementations (AS Confederation and 4 Byte AS), and are
awaiting implementation reports.   Danny McPherson will complete
the AS Confederation report by the end of August, and Geoff Houston
agreed to take on the 4-Byte AS.   The bgp Multi-session draft was
updated, and Chandra Appanna presented the changes to the WG.  The BGP
v2 MIB will be updated and another co-author to speed up the process. No
status changes was given for: Cooperative Route Filtering Capability for
BGP-4, AS-path Based Outbound Route Filter for 
BGP-4. 

Tony Li presented an AS Count Attribute and requested that it become a
working group document.  Additional discussion will occur on the mailing
list. Zhang Henhai and Alvaro Retano presented drafts on adding path
information for multiple paths.   The IDR co-chairs suggest that that
authors work on discussing the common points in their proposals prior to
the next IETF. Nicolas Dubois presented BGP requirements.  Additional
discussion will continue on the list. 

Gargi Nalawade presented two drafts
(draft-kapoor-nalawade-idr-bgp-ssa-02.txt
draft-nalawade-kapoor-tunnel-safi-03.txt).  Due to the scope of the
information, this information should be followed up in L3VPN with
Joint last call in IDR and L3VPN.  At the end of the meeting, Bill
Fenner presented a proposal to take private use space and turn it into
reserved and perhaps 16 or so as private use. Reserved is reserved so we
can decide later on FCFS or otherwise managed. This proposal will
receive last call on the mailing list.  (Many thanks to Dave Ward who
took WG notes).