Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-10-13 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 04:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-10-13).

Updated 2:26:54 EDT, October 10, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

    2.1 WG Submissions

      2.1.1 New Item

        Area  Date

        TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects for iFCP (Proposed
                    Standard) - 1 of 5
                    draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Note: draft -07 responded to Bert's Last Call
                    comments.
             Token: Allison Mankin
        TSV         A Framework for Application Interaction in the
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) (BCP) - 2 of 5
                    draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-05.txt
                    [Open Web Ballot]
                    Note: PROTO shepherd: Rohan Mahy, [email-masked]
                    Last Call ends 12 October.Â  LC review encouraged,
                    even though document is
                    currently set for IESG agenda
             Token: Allison Mankin
        INT         IANA Allocations for pseudo Wire Edge to Edge
                    Emulation (PWE3) (BCP) - 3 of 5
                    draft-ietf-pwe3-iana-allocation-12.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
             Token: Mark Townsley
        INT         Storing Certificates in the Domain Name System
                    (DNS) (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5
                    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-08.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
                    Note: Olaf Kolkman is the PROTO shepherd for this
                    document.Â
             Token: Margaret Wasserman
        APP         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 5 of 5
                    Tags for Identifying Languages (BCP) - 5 of 5
                    draft-ietf-ltru-registry-13.txt
                    Note: Document shepherd is Randy Presuhn
                    <[email-masked]>
                    Initial Language Subtag Registry (Informational)
                    draft-ietf-ltru-initial-05.txt
                    Note: Document shepherd is Randy Presuhn
                    <[email-masked]>
             Token: Scott Hollenbeck

      2.1.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

          TSV         RTP Retransmission Payload Format (Proposed
                      Standard) - 1 of 2
                      draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-12.txt [Open
                      Web Ballot]
                      Note: proto shepherd: colin perkins
                      ([email-masked])
                      Need to check on Discusses - DLNA requests
                      approval by 12 Oct.  The
                      rev was given to the ADs (not published) Aug 22,
                      then submitted Sep 15
                      with another request for re-review.  (Before Aug:
                      some discussion of the issues).
               Token: Allison Mankin
          RTG         Source-Specific Multicast for IP (Proposed
                      Standard) - 2 of 2
                      draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Alex Zinin

    2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item
                    NONE
              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               TSV         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                           of 3
                           Architecture for Reliable Server Pooling
                           (Informational) - 1 of 3
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-arch-10.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                           Comparison of Protocols for Reliable Server
                           Pooling (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-comp-10.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                           Threats Introduced by Rserpool and
                           Requirements for Security in response to
                           Threats (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-05.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                    Token: Jon Peterson
               TSV         Conferencing Scenarios (Informational) - 2
                           of 3
                           draft-ietf-xcon-conference-scenarios-05.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Allison Mankin
                           Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA)
               TSV         Registration of the Message Media Feature
                           Tag (Informational) - 3 of 3
                           draft-ietf-sipping-message-tag-00.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Allison Mankin

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.2.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.2.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Sep 22 Widget Description Exchange Service
                                    (widex) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Scott

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                   4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                            Area  Date
                            INT  Oct 5  Mobility for IPv4 (mip4) - 1 of
                                        1
                                 Token: Margaret

                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News