Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-10-27 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 04:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-10-27).

Updated 2:2:48 EDT, October 24, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              RTG         Detecting MPLS Data Plane Failures (Proposed
                          Standard) - 1 of 6
                          draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-10.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Alex Zinin
              RTG         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of
                          6
                          Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
                          PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 6
                          draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-11.txt
                          PIM Sparse-Mode IETF Proposed Standard
                          Requirements Analysis (Informational)
                          draft-ietf-pim-proposed-req-01.txt
                   Token: Alex Zinin
              TSV         XDR: External Data Representation Standard
                          (Standard) - 3 of 6
                          draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1832bis-06.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              OPS         Chargeable User Identity (Proposed Standard)
                          - 4 of 6
                          draft-ietf-radext-chargeable-user-id-06.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: David Kessens
              APP         Sieve Extension: Variables (Proposed
                          Standard) - 5 of 6
                          draft-ietf-sieve-variables-07.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Document shepherd is Alexey Melnikov
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                          An ENUM Registry Type for the Internet
              TSV         Registry Information Service (Proposed
                          Standard) - 6 of 6
                          draft-ietf-enum-iris-ereg-02.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Finishes Last Call on October 27.  On
                          IESG agenda, however LC comments urged and
                          will be heeded.
                   Token: Allison Mankin

           2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                          of 1
                          Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
                          CATENATE Extension (Proposed Standard) - 1 of
                          1
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-catenate-05.txt
                          Note: Checking for revised DISCUSSes based on
                          updates
                          Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) -
                          URLAUTH Extension (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-urlauth-08.txt
                          Message Submission BURL Extension (Proposed
                          Standard)
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-burl-03.txt
                   Token: Ted Hardie

     2.2 Individual Submissions

       2.2.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         APP         Guidelines and Registration Procedures for new URI
                     Schemes (BCP) - 1 of 2
                     draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-06.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                     Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): The
         APP         Binary Encoding Option (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                     2
                     draft-legg-ldap-binary-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Ted Hardie

       2.2.2 Returning Item
             NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          Emergency Telecommunications Services (ETS)
              TSV         Requirements for a Single Administrative
                          Domain (Informational) - 1 of 2
                          draft-ietf-ieprep-domain-req-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Note the RFC-Editor note that removes
                          the reference in the Abstract.
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              TSV         Requirements for Floor Control Protocol
                          (Informational) - 2 of 2
                          draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: This was meant to go on the agenda when
                          we considered draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp, but
                          the AD mislaid the request and thought
                          wrongly this wasn't intended for ultimate
                          publication.
                   Token: Allison Mankin

           3.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            APP         XHTML+Voice - application/xv+xml
                        (Informational) - 1 of 1
                        draft-mccobb-xv-media-type-00.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck

       3.2.2 Returning Item

         Area  Date

         APP         LDAP Bulk Update/Replication Protocol
                     (Informational) - 1 of 2
                     draft-rharrison-lburp-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Ted Hardie
                     The "info" URI Scheme for Information Assets with
         APP         Identifiers in Public Namespaces (Informational) -
                     2 of 2
                     draft-vandesompel-info-uri-04.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
                     Note: Handling may depend on the results of review
                     of
                     draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-06.txt
              Token: Ted Hardie

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
         4.2 WG Rechartering

                  4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                           Area  Date
                           TSV  Oct 20 Telephone Number Mapping (enum)
                                       - 1 of 1
                                Token: Allison

                   4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                       NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News