Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-12-01 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-12-01).

Updated 2:2:28 EDT, November 28, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            RTG         Detecting MPLS Data Plane Failures (Proposed
                        Standard) - 1 of 20
                        draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-10.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: ITU requires an RFC number by December
                        12th.
                 Token: Alex Zinin
            INT         Four-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of
                        20
                        Resolution of FQDN Conflicts among DHCP Clients
                        (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 20
                        draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-10.txt
                        Note: 11/21/05:Â  Check for last minute IETF LC
                        comments before telechat.
                        A DNS RR for Encoding DHCP Information (DHCID
                        RR) (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-10.txt
                        The DHCP Client FQDN Option (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-11.txt
                        Note: Note: 3 related DDNS documents need to be
                        reconciled. See email to dhcwg list on
                        2003-06-05.
                        The DHCPv6 Client FQDN Option (Proposed
                        Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-fqdn-03.txt
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects for FCIP
                        (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 20
                        draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-09.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO shepherd [email-masked]
                 Token: Allison Mankin
            RTG         Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4 (Draft
                        Standard) - 4 of 20
                        draft-ietf-idr-rfc2858bis-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Bill Fenner
                        Remote Network Monitoring Management
            OPS  Nov 15 Information Base Version 2 (Draft Standard) - 5
                        of 20
                        draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmon2-v2-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            INT         Mobile IPv4 Dynamic Home Agent Assignment
                        (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 20
                        draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-06.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
                        Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part
            TSV         3 (MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)
                        (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 20
                        draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc3332bis-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Jon Peterson
            RTG         Avoiding Equal Cost Multipath Treatment in MPLS
                        Networks (BCP) - 8 of 20
                        draft-ietf-mpls-ecmp-bcp-02.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Alex Zinin
            INT         Foreign Agent Error Extension for Mobile IPv4
                        (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 20
                        draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
                        CIPID: Contact Information in Presence
            APP         Information Data Format (Proposed Standard) -
                        10 of 20
                        draft-ietf-simple-cipid-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Ted Hardie
                        RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to the Presence
            APP         Information Data Format (PIDF) (Proposed
                        Standard) - 11 of 20
                        draft-ietf-simple-rpid-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: The proto write-up (available in tracker
                        comment log) discusses why this document was
                        not combined with cipid and future, despite
                        them being interconnected.  Rough consensus for
                        this approach does
                        seem evident.
                 Token: Ted Hardie
                        Timed Presence Extensions to the Presence
            APP         Information Data Format (PIDF) to Indicate
                        Status Information for Past and Future Time
                        Intervals (Proposed Standard) - 12 of 20
                        draft-ietf-simple-future-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Ted Hardie
            OPS         RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication
                        (Proposed Standard) - 13 of 20
                        draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Note: Bernard Aboba is the proto shepherd
                 Token: David Kessens
            OPS  Nov 17 Transmission of IPv6, IPv4 and ARP Packets over
                        Fibre Channel (Proposed Standard) - 14 of 20
                        draft-ietf-imss-ip-over-fibre-channel-03.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            INT         DHCPv6 Relay Agent Remote ID Option (Proposed
                        Standard) - 15 of 20
                        draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-remoteid-00.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         DHCPv6 Relay Agent Subscriber-ID Option
                        (Proposed Standard) - 16 of 20
                        draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-subid-00.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
                        An ENUM Registry Type for the Internet Registry
            TSV         Information Service (Proposed Standard) - 17 of
                        20
                        draft-ietf-enum-iris-ereg-02.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Finishes Last Call on October 27.  On
                        IESG agenda, however LC comments urged and will
                        be heeded.
                 Token: Allison Mankin
            RTG         Management Information Base for IS-IS (Proposed
                        Standard) - 18 of 20
                        draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-24.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Alex Zinin
            APP         A Data Model for Presence (Proposed Standard) -
                        19 of 20
                        draft-ietf-simple-presence-data-model-06.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: Much of the language here reflects long
                        discussion and compromise.  Please recognize
                        that when suggesting wordsmithing changes.
                 Token: Ted Hardie
            SEC         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 20 of
                        20
                        A PRF API extension for the GSS-API (Proposed
                        Standard) - 20 of 20
                        draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-07.txt
                        Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                        A PRF for the Kerberos V GSS-API Mechanism
                        (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-prf-04.txt
                 Token: Sam Hartman

          2.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            TSV  Jun 18 SDP: Session Description Protocol (Proposed
                        Standard) - 1 of 3
                        draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-25.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Ancient returning item: no longer has
                        enough ballot positions to advance. Mercy for
                        these poor souls, new reviewers!
                 Token: Jon Peterson
                        Mapping Between the Multimedia Messaging
            APP         Service (MMS) and Internet Mail (Proposed
                        Standard) - 2 of 3
                        draft-ietf-lemonade-mms-mapping-06.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: This is returning post-appeal processing
                        by the WG and post replacement IETF Last
                        Call.Â  If we can complete this on 12/1, it
                        will likely be referenced by OMA (currently the
                        text is copied)
                 Token: Ted Hardie
            INT         Detecting Network Attachment in IPv4 (DNAv4)
                        (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 3
                        draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-17.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: This document has changed substantially
                        since the IESG reviewed version -12 based on
                        post-LC comments. Back for a re-review before
                        sending to the RFC Editor.
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman

     2.2 Individual Submissions

             2.2.1 New Item

                 Area  Date

                 SEC         RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication
                             (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                             draft-rja-ripv2-auth-03.txt [Open Web
                             Ballot]
                      Token: Russ Housley

             2.2.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          A Framework for Supporting Emergency
              TSV         Telecommunications Services (ETS) Within a
                          Single Administrative Domain (Informational)
                          - 1 of 5
                          draft-ietf-ieprep-domain-frame-05.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              OPS         BGP MED Considerations (Informational) - 2 of
                          5
                          draft-ietf-grow-bgp-med-considerations-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Note: Dave Meyer is the protoshepherd
                   Token: David Kessens
              RTG         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3 of
                          5
                          OAM Requirements for MPLS Networks
                          (Informational) - 3 of 5
                          draft-ietf-mpls-oam-requirements-06.txt
                          Note: ITU requires an RFC number by December
                          12th.
                          A Framework for MPLS Operations and
                          Management (OAM) (Informational)
                          draft-ietf-mpls-oam-frmwk-03.txt
                   Token: Alex Zinin
                          Signaling Requirements for Point to
              RTG         Multipoint Traffic Engineered MPLS LSPs
                          (Informational) - 4 of 5
                          draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-sig-requirement-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Alex Zinin
              INT         NEMO Home Network models (Informational) - 5
                          of 5
                          draft-ietf-nemo-home-network-models-05.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman

           3.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              OPS         Operational Considerations and Issues with
                          IPv6 DNS (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-12.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: To check (for the second time) on the
                          status of the resolution of Thomas Narten/
                          Margaret Wasserman's DISCUSS.
                   Token: David Kessens

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

             3.2.1 New Item
                   NONE
             3.2.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                SEC         UMAC: Message Authentication Code using
                            Universal Hashing (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-krovetz-umac-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                     Token: Russ Housley

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

              3.3.1 New Item

                  Area  Date

                  GEN  Nov 23 The Managed Object Aggregation MIB
                              (Informational) - 1 of 1
                              draft-glenn-mo-aggr-mib-07.txt [Open Web
                              Ballot]
                       Token: Bert Wijnen

              3.3.2 Returning Item
                    NONE
      3.3.3 For Action

           Area  Date

           INT         DISCOVER: Supporting Multicast DNS Queries
                       (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                       draft-manning-opcode-discover-02.txt
                       Note: Note: Submitted to RFC Editor, being
                       treated as an ISR.
                Token: Brian Carpenter

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        RTG  Nov 11 Multiprotocol Label Switching
                                    (mpls) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Alex

                 4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                          Area  Date
                          TSV  Oct 20 Telephone Number Mapping (enum) -
                                      1 of 2
                               Token: Allison
                          INT  Nov 11 Softwires (softwire) - 2 of 2
                               Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News