Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-12-15 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-12-15).

Updated 2:2:30 EDT, December 12, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             SEC  Dec 8  Kerberized Internet Negotiation of Keys (KINK)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 9
                         draft-ietf-kink-kink-11.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: A draft 11 has been submitted to address
                         last call comments.
                         Back to IESG to clear discusses and pick up
                         positive ballots.  It's
                         been a long time since this was here (early
                         2003) and the document has
                         changed significantly.  A full re-review is
                         probably in order.
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             INT         Structure-Agnostic TDM over Packet (SAToP)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 9
                         draft-ietf-pwe3-satop-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             SEC         Bootstrapping TESLA (Proposed Standard) - 3 of
                         9
                         draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
             OPS         RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 9
                         draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Note: Bernard Aboba is the proto
                         shepherd
                  Token: David Kessens
             TSV         IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 9
                         draft-ietf-enum-voice-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video:
             TSV         Additional Colour Sampling Modes (Proposed
                         Standard) - 6 of 9
                         draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext-01.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd:
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             APP         A Data Model for Presence (Proposed Standard)
                         - 7 of 9
                         draft-ietf-simple-presence-data-model-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Much of the language here reflects long
                         discussion and compromise.Â  Please recognize
                         that when suggesting wordsmithing changes.
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             INT         Two-Document ballot: - 8 of 9
                         Minimally Covering NSEC Records and DNSSEC
                         On-line Signing (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 9
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-online-signing-00.txt
                         Derivation of DNS Name Predecessor and
                         Successor (Experimental)
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-dns-name-p-s-01.txt
                         Note: Goes with
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-online-signing.Â  This is an
                         example of a specific algorithm for online
                         signing.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
                         Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload
             TSV         Format for the Variable-Rate Multimode
                         Wideband (VMR-WB) Extension Audio Codec
                         (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 9
                         draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-extension-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Last Call finishes 12/16; update of
                         existing media type.
                         PROTO shepherd Colin Perkins [email-masked]
                         Note that the authors/WG viewed as a media
                         type used beyond 3GPP2 which is whyÂ  they set
                         up the IETF process rather than the process
                         with minimal IETF involvement
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         Encapsulation Methods for Transport of
             INT         Ethernet Over MPLS Networks (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-ietf-pwe3-ethernet-encap-11.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Document was updated, back on agenda to
                         discuss whether DISCUSS items are satisfactory
                         addressed.
                  Token: Mark Townsley
                         Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address
             INT         Autoconfiguration in IPv6 (Draft Standard) - 2
                         of 2
                         draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item
                 NONE
           2.2.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

                          Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) key exchange for
              SEC         the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer
                          Protocol (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                          draft-harris-ssh-rsa-kex-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Sam Hartman

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             OPS         IPv6 Neighbor Discovery On-Link Assumption
                         Considered Harmful (Informational) - 1 of 7
                         draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Fred Baker is the proto shepherd
                  Token: David Kessens
                         A Framework for Supporting Emergency
             TSV         Telecommunications Services (ETS) Within a
                         Single Administrative Domain (Informational) -
                         2 of 7
                         draft-ietf-ieprep-domain-frame-05.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
                         Getting rid of the cruft: an experiment to
             GEN         identify obsolete standards document
                         (Informational) - 3 of 7
                         draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Brian Carpenter
                         Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning
             APP         (WebDAV) Redirect Reference Resources
                         (Experimental) - 4 of 7
                         draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-13.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             OPS         Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in
                         Enterprise Networks (Informational) - 5 of 7
                         draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Fred Baker is the proto shepherd
                  Token: David Kessens
             TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 6 of
                         7
                         SigComp Torture Tests (Informational) - 6 of 7
                         draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt
                         Note: PROTO shepherd
                         [email-masked]
                         SigComp Users' Guide (Informational)
                         draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04.txt
                         Note: Both docs' References are re-labelled
                         Normative and 2026, 3978-3879 removed by
                         RFCEDNotes
                         PROTO shepherd [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
             TSV         Specification Errata and Issues
                         (Informational) - 7 of 7
                         draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpimpguide-16.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: See writeup for brief explanation about
                         why Info, and text for more - was LC'd for PS
                         in case.
                         PROTO shepherd James Polk [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          3.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             OPS         Operational Considerations and Issues with
                         IPv6 DNS (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-12.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: To check (for the third time) on the
                         status of the resolution of Thomas Narten/
                         Margaret Wasserman's DISCUSS.
                  Token: David Kessens

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                INT         The DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) DNS
                            Resource Record (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-andrews-dlv-dns-rr-00.txt
                            Note: Individual submission for DLV
                            typecode.
                     Token: Margaret Wasserman

            3.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

          3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Kerberos based HTTP Authentication in Windows
                          (Informational) - 1 of 2
                          draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-01.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: RFC-Editor submission.
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck
              SEC         A Description of the Rabbit Stream Cipher
                          Algorithm (Informational) - 2 of 2
                          draft-zenner-rabbit-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley

          3.3.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT         DISCOVER: Supporting Multicast DNS Queries
                         (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                         draft-manning-opcode-discover-02.txt
                         Note: Proposing DNP note to the RFC editor
                         because IETF standards action is required for
                         DNS opcode allocation.Â  See ballot write-up
                         for details.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        SEC  Dec 8  Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)
                                    - 1 of 3
                             Token: Russ
                        SEC  Dec 8  EAP Method Update (emu) - 2 of 3
                             Token: Sam
                        OPS  Dec 8  Diameter Maintanence and Extentions
                                    (dime) - 3 of 3
                             Token: David

                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Dec 8  Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
                                    (pwe3) - 1 of 2
                             Token: Mark
                        SEC  Dec 8  Extended Incident Handling (inch) -
                                    2 of 2
                             Token: Sam

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                            Area  Date
                            INT  Oct 5  Mobility for IPv4 (mip4) - 1 of
                                        1
                                 Token: Margaret

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News