Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-01-05 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-01-05).

Updated 2:2:30 EDT, January 2, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             SEC         Attribute Certificate Policies extension
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 4
                         draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-07.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
                         Connection-Oriented Media Transport over the
             TSV         Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol in the
                         Session Description Protocol (SDP) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 2 of 4
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-comedia-tls-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd Colin Perkins
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             OPS  Dec 22 Fibre-Channel Name Server MIB (Proposed
                         Standard) - 3 of 4
                         draft-ietf-imss-fc-nsm-mib-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Bert Wijnen
             OPS  Dec 22 Fibre Channel Fabric Address Manager MIB
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                         draft-ietf-imss-fc-fam-mib-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Bert Wijnen

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

               2.2.1 New Item
                     NONE
               2.2.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Implementing an Emergency Telecommunications
             TSV         Service for Real Time Services in the Internet
                         Protocol Suite (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-02.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Requirements for Consent-Based Communications
             TSV         in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                         (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-ietf-sipping-consent-reqs-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd Rohan Mahy
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          3.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             RTG         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                         1
                         Operations and Management Requirements for
                         Multi-Protocol Label Switched Networks
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-mpls-oam-requirements-07.txt
                         Note: ITU requires an RFC number by December
                         12th.
                         A Framework for MPLS Operations and Management
                         (OAM) (Informational)
                         draft-ietf-mpls-oam-frmwk-05.txt
                  Token: Alex Zinin

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         MTU and Fragmentation Issues with
             GEN         In-the-Network Tunneling (Informational) - 1
                         of 3
                         draft-savola-mtufrag-network-tunneling-05.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Pekka says that it is ready, and that I
                         should review the int-area discussions,
                         particularly Joe's objection.
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             SEC         The AES-CMAC Algorithm (Informational) - 2 of
                         3
                         draft-songlee-aes-cmac-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
                         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) URIs for
             TSV         Applications such as Voicemail and Interactive
                         Voice Response (IVR) (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-jennings-sip-voicemail-uri-05.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          3.2.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            TSV         Real-Time Facsimile (T.38) - audio/t38 MIME
                        Sub-type Registration (Historic) - 1 of 1
                        draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Last Called to Historic for the same
                        reason audio/t140c was - allow registration of
                        a "legacy" because of the way SDP uses these
                        registrations,Â  but make sure this is not a
                        precedent in any way.
                 Token: Allison Mankin

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

           3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE) Extensions for
              INT         Credit Flow and Link Metrics (Informational)
                          - 1 of 1
                          draft-bberry-pppoe-credit-04.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley

           3.3.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                 4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     SEC  Dec 8  Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim) - 1
                                 of 4
                          Token: Russ
                     SEC  Dec 8  EAP Method Update (emu) - 2 of 4
                          Token: Sam
                     OPS  Dec 8  Diameter Maintanence and Extentions
                                 (dime) - 3 of 4
                          Token: Bert
                     INT  Dec 12 Network-based Localized Mobility
                                 Management (netlmm) - 4 of 4
                          Token: Margaret

       4.2 WG Rechartering

              4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     SEC  Dec 19 Transport Layer Security (tls) - 1 of
                                 3
                          Token: Russ
                     OPS  Dec 21 ADSL MIB (adslmib) - 2 of 3
                          Token: Bert
                     SEC  Dec 29 Security Issues in Network Event
                                 Logging (syslog) - 3 of 3
                          Token: Sam

               4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                       Area  Date
                       INT  Dec 8  Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
                                   (pwe3) - 1 of 1
                            Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News