Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-01-19 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:00:30 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-01-19).

Updated 2:2:30 EDT, January 16, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         Definition of Managed Objects for SCSI
                         Entities (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 11
                         draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Last Call ends 16 Jan - Last Call
                         comment from Bert is handled in Note to
                         RFC Editor; PROTO shepherd [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             SEC         Group Security Policy Token v1 (Proposed
                         Standard) - 2 of 11
                         draft-ietf-msec-policy-token-sec-05.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
             APP         Sieve Email Filtering: Vacation Extension
                         (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 11
                         draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Document shepherd is Cyrus Daboo
                         <[email-masked]>
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck
             INT         HMAC SHA TSIG Algorithm Identifiers (Proposed
                         Standard) - 4 of 11
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-05.txt
                         Note: 1/12/06:Â  Waiting for -06 version to
                         address LC comments.Â  The PROTO Shepherd for
                         this document is Olafur Gudmundsson
                         <[email-masked]>.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
             APP         LDAP: Internationalized String Preparation
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 11
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-strprep-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
                         Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP):
             APP         Syntaxes and Matching Rules (Proposed
                         Standard) - 6 of 11
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-11.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             APP         LDAP: Schema for User Applications (Proposed
                         Standard) - 7 of 11
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-user-schema-10.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             INT         Provisioning, Autodiscovery, and Signaling in
                         L2VPNs (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 11
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 9 of
                         11
                         RTP Payload Format for MIDI (Proposed
                         Standard) - 9 of 11
                         draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-14.txt
                         Note: PROTO shepherd
                         [email-masked]; IETF LC ends
                         Jan 20.
                         An Implementation Guide for RTP MIDI
                         (Informational)
                         draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-14.txt
                         Note: PROTO shepherd
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             INT         PWE3 Frame Check Sequence Retention (Proposed
                         Standard) - 10 of 11
                         draft-ietf-pwe3-fcs-retention-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             SEC         IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming Protocol
                         (MOBIKE) (Proposed Standard) - 11 of 11
                         draft-ietf-mobike-protocol-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Proto shepherd is Jari Arkko
                         <[email-masked]>
                  Token: Russ Housley

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT         Virtual Private LAN Service (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: This document and
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp are different
                         solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                         advance both and essentially "let the market
                         decide."
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             INT         Virtual Private LAN Services over MPLS
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: This document and
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp are different
                         solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                         advance both and essentially "let the market
                         decide."
                  Token: Mark Townsley

     2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item

                   Area  Date

                   APP         Considerations for LDAP Extensions (BCP)
                               - 1 of 1
                               draft-zeilenga-ldap-ext-09.txt [Open Web
                               Ballot]
                        Token: Ted Hardie

              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Architecture for the Use of PE-PE IPsec
             INT         Tunnels in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs (Experimental) - 1
                         of 4
                         draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
                         Service Requirements for Layer 2 Provider
             INT         Provisioned Virtual Private Networks
                         (Informational) - 2 of 4
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-requirements-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             SEC         ECC Cipher Suites for TLS (Informational) - 3
                         of 4
                         draft-ietf-tls-ecc-12.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Proto shepherd is Eric Rescorla
                         <[email-masked]>.
                  Token: Russ Housley
             INT         DHCP Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
                         Options (Informational) - 4 of 4
                         draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: The PROTO Shepherd for this document is
                         Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman

          3.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE
          3.1.3 For Action

            Area  Date

                        A Lexicography for the Interpretation of
                        Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
            RTG         (GMPLS) Terminology within The Context of the
                        ITU-T's Automatically Switched Optical Network
                        (ASON) Architecture (Informational) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-06.txt
                        Note: The ITU-T wishes to refer to this
                        document in G.8081 Amendment, to be consented
                        in their meeting Feb 6 to Feb 17 so we should
                        request expedited publication by February 10th.
                 Token: Bill Fenner

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
              RAI         P-User-Database Private-Header (P-Header)
                          (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-camarillo-sipping-user-database-02.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: RFC 3427 review for P-Header conducted
                          on SIPPING list by Dean Willis
                   Token: Allison Mankin

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     TSV  Jan 13 Session PEERing for Multimedia
                                 INTerconnect (speermint) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Allison

                 4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                     NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                              Area  Date
                              OPS  Dec 21 ADSL MIB (adslmib) - 1 of 1
                                   Token: Bert

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News