Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-02-02 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:00:29 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-02-02).

Updated 2:2:39 EDT, January 30, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         LDAP: Authentication Methods and Security
                         Mechanisms (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 12
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-18.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             RTG         Definition of an RRO node-id subobject
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 12
                         draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Alex Zinin
             RTG         Anycast-RP using PIM (Proposed Standard) - 3
                         of 12
                         draft-ietf-pim-anycast-rp-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: A -05 is coming to fix the Security
                         Considerations to point just to pim-sm-v2-new
                         and to fix some minor reference issues.
                  Token: Bill Fenner
             INT         Virtual Private LAN Service (Proposed
                         Standard) - 4 of 12
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: This document and
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp are different
                         solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                         advance both and essentially "let the market
                         decide."
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             INT         Virtual Private LAN Services over MPLS
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 12
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: This document and
                         draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp are different
                         solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                         advance both and essentially "let the market
                         decide."
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             APP         Lemonade Profile (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 12
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             INT         The Role of Wildcards in the Domain Name
                         System (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 12
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-10.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: The PROTO shepherd for this document is
                         Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
                         A Resource Reservation Protocol Extension for
             TSV         the Reduction of Bandwidth of a Reservation
                         Flow (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 12
                         draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Using the GOST 28147-89, GOST R 34.11-94, GOST
             SEC         R 34.10-94 and GOST R 34.10-2001 algorithms
                         with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 12
                         draft-ietf-smime-gost-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
                         Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP):
             APP         Technical Specification Road Map (Proposed
                         Standard) - 10 of 12
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-roadmap-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             SEC         Kerberos Cryptosystem Negotiation Extension
                         (Proposed Standard) - 11 of 12
                         draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             RAI         RTP Payload Format for Video Codec 1 (VC-1)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 12 of 12
                         draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd Colin Perkins
                         [email-masked]
                  Token: Allison Mankin

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                SEC         The AES-CMAC-96 Algorithm and its use with
                            IPsec (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                            draft-songlee-aes-cmac-96-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Russ Housley
                APP         Collected extensions to IMAP4 ABNF
                            (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 3
                            draft-melnikov-imap-ext-abnf-08.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                     Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                APP         COSINE LDAP/X.500 Schema (Proposed
                            Standard) - 3 of 3
                            draft-zeilenga-ldap-cosine-01.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ted Hardie

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

        3.1 WG Submissions

            Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document
            a reasonable
            contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
            covers? If
            not, what changes would make it so?"

                  3.1.1 New Item
                        NONE
                  3.1.2 Returning Item
                        NONE

        3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

            Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document
            a reasonable
            contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
            covers? If
            not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.2.1 New Item

                    Area  Date

                    SEC         US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA)
                                (Informational) - 1 of 1
                                draft-eastlake-sha2-01.txt [Open Web
                                Ballot]
                         Token: Russ Housley

                3.2.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

        3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

            The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
            found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
            The
            IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in
            WG
            <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG
            thinks
            that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and
            recommends
            not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
            document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
            therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
            approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
            IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
            therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
            approval.

            Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
            to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                  3.3.1 New Item
                        NONE
                  3.3.2 Returning Item
                        NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                 4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     TSV  Jan 13 Session PEERing for Multimedia
                                 INTerconnect (speermint) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Allison

         4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                         Area  Date
                         GEN  Jan 26 Intellectual Property Rights (ipr)
                                     - 1 of 1
                              Token: Brian

                   4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                       NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News