Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-02-16 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 04:00:02 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-02-16).

Updated 2:2:21 EDT, February 13, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

         2.1.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           OPS  Feb 9  Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                       13
                       Real-time Application Quality of Service
                       Monitoring (RAQMON) Framework (Proposed
                       Standard) - 1 of 13
                       draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-14.txt
                       Note: IETF Last Call still in progress, ends
                       Monday Feb 13.
                       One new rev will come out Monday to address
                       GenArt review comments.
                       Real-time Application Quality of Service
                       Monitoring (RAQMON) MIB (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-mib-11.txt
                       Transport Mappings for Real-time Application
                       Quality of Service Monitoring (RAQMON) Protocol
                       Data Unit (PDU) (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-12.txt
                Token: Bert Wijnen
                       Multimedia Terminal Adapter (MTA) Management
           OPS  Jan 30 Information Base for PacketCable and IPCablecom
                       compliant devices (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 13
                       draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-09.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Still in IETF Last Call, which ends Feb 13
                       (Monday);
                       So if serious comments come up from that I may
                       have to withdraw
                       it from Agenda.
                Token: Bert Wijnen
           RTG         Node ID based RSVP Hello: A Clarification
                       Statement (BCP) - 3 of 13
                       draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt
                       [Open Web Ballot]
                Token: Alex Zinin
                       The Key ID Information Type for the General
           SEC         Extension Payload in MIKEY (Proposed Standard) -
                       4 of 13
                       draft-ietf-msec-newtype-keyid-03.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Russ Housley
                       Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR): The
           OPS         Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan
                       (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 13
                       draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: David Kessens
           INT         Mobile IPv4 Challenge/Response Extensions
                       (revised) (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 13
                       draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Margaret Wasserman
           INT         HMAC SHA TSIG Algorithm Identifiers (Proposed
                       Standard) - 7 of 13
                       draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-06.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: The PROTO Shepherd for this document is
                       Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>.
                Token: Margaret Wasserman
           OPS  Feb 9  Diameter Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                       Application (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 13
                       draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-10.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: A new rev is expected Feb 9 or 10 to
                       address some AD review comments and a comment
                       from Sam Hartman on MD5 usage.
                       PROTO SHEPHERD: John Loughney
                       <[email-masked]>
                Token: Bert Wijnen
           RTG         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 9 of
                       13
                       LDP Specification (Draft Standard) - 9 of 13
                       draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-03.txt
                       Experience with the LDP protocol (Informational)
                       draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-experience-00.txt
                       LDP Implementation Survey Results
                       (Informational)
                       draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt
                Token: Alex Zinin
           APP         Sieve Extension: Relational Tests (Proposed
                       Standard) - 10 of 13
                       draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-04.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Document shepherd is Alexey Melnikov
                       <[email-masked]>
                Token: Scott Hollenbeck
           SEC         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 11 of
                       13
                       Public Key Cryptography for Initial
                       Authentication in Kerberos (Proposed Standard) -
                       11 of 13
                       draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-34.txt
                       Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                       OCSP Support for PKINIT (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-krb-wg-ocsp-for-pkinit-06.txt
                       Note: Minor comment about security
                       considerations sent to WG.  I'm holding this
                       draft until pkinit catches up.
                Token: Sam Hartman
                       Using the GOST R 34.10-94, GOST R 34.10-2001 and
           SEC         GOST R 34.11-94 algorithms with the Internet
                       X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and
                       CRL Profile. (Proposed Standard) - 12 of 13
                       draft-ietf-pkix-gost-cppk-05.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Proto shepherd is Steve Kent
                       <[email-masked]>
                Token: Russ Housley
                       Suppression of Session Initiation Protocol REFER
           RAI         Method Implicit Subscription (Proposed Standard)
                       - 13 of 13
                       draft-ietf-sip-refer-with-norefersub-04.txt
                       [Open Web Ballot]
                       Note: PROTO shepherd [email-masked]
                       Last Call ends 2/17.  On IESG agenda 2/16.
                       Comments encouraged to the end.
                Token: Allison Mankin

         2.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            RTG         Subcodes for BGP Cease Notification Message
                        (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 4
                        draft-ietf-idr-cease-subcode-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Bill Fenner
                        Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 and
            RAI         DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses
                        Configuration Information (Proposed Standard) -
                        2 of 4
                        draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-civil-09.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Over-ride vote requested; please review
                        accordingly.
                 Token: Ted Hardie
            INT         Virtual Private LAN Service (Proposed Standard)
                        - 3 of 4
                        draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: This document and
                        draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp are different
                        solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                        advance both and essentially "let the market
                        decide."
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            INT         Virtual Private LAN Services over MPLS
                        (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                        draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-08.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: This document and
                        draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp are different
                        solutions to similar problems. L2VPN agreed to
                        advance both and essentially "let the market
                        decide."
                 Token: Mark Townsley

     2.2 Individual Submissions

               2.2.1 New Item
                     NONE
               2.2.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Mobile IPv6 and Firewalls: Problem statement
                           (Informational) - 1 of 5
                           draft-ietf-mip6-firewalls-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Margaret Wasserman
               INT         DHCP: IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues
                           (Informational) - 2 of 5
                           draft-ietf-dhc-dual-stack-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Margaret Wasserman
                           Trait-based Authorization Requirements for
               RAI         the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                           (Informational) - 3 of 5
                           draft-ietf-sipping-trait-authz-02.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: PROTO shepherd
                           [email-masked]
                    Token: Allison Mankin
               OPS  Feb 9  Evaluation of Candidate CAPWAP Protocols
                           (Informational) - 4 of 5
                           draft-ietf-capwap-eval-00.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Bert Wijnen
                           Objectives for Control and Provisioning of
               OPS  Feb 9  Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP)
                           (Informational) - 5 of 5
                           draft-ietf-capwap-objectives-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Bert Wijnen

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

              3.2.1 New Item

                  Area  Date

                  TSV         SDP Descriptors for FLUTE (Experimental)
                              - 1 of 2
                              draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt [Open
                              Web Ballot]
                       Token: Allison Mankin
                  SEC         Repeated Authentication in IKEv2
                              (Informational) - 2 of 2
                              draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-05.txt [Open Web
                              Ballot]
                       Token: Russ Housley

              3.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

            3.3.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                            Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO)
                GEN         Protocol Version 3.0 (Experimental) - 1 of
                            1
                            draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-08.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                     Token: Jon Peterson

            3.3.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Jan 30 Email Address Internationalization
                                    (eai) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Ted

                 4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                         Area  Date
                         RTG  Jan 30 Secure Inter-Domain Routing (sidr)
                                     - 1 of 1
                              Token: Alex

       4.2 WG Rechartering

              4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Feb 10 MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff
                                 Optimization (mipshop) - 1 of 3
                          Token: Margaret
                     GEN  Jan 26 Intellectual Property Rights (ipr) - 2
                                 of 3
                          Token: Brian
                     TSV  Feb 9  TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
                                 (tcpm) - 3 of 3
                          Token: Jon

                 4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                     NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News