Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-03-02 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-03-02).

Updated 2:2:15 EDT, February 27, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

        2.1.1 New Item

          Area  Date

          TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects for User Identity
                      Authorization (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 16
                      draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: PROTO Shepherd [email-masked]
                      NOTE: -08 submitted early Friday (at end of Last
                      Call) to include Bert's
                      Last Call comments
                      Title Change: Definitions of Managed Objects for
                      IP Storage User Identity Authorization [add "IP
                      Storage"]
               Token: Allison Mankin
          TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects for iSCSI
                      (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 16
                      draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-11.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: PROTO Shepherd [email-masked]
               Token: Allison Mankin
                      Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management
          OPS  Feb 23 Information Base for DOCSIS 2.0 compliant RF
                      interfaces (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 16
                      draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-14.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Bert Wijnen
          RTG         Node ID based RSVP Hello: A Clarification
                      Statement (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 16
                      draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt
                      [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Alex Zinin
          INT         L2VPN Extensions for L2TP (Proposed Standard) - 5
                      of 16
                      draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2vpn-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Mark Townsley
                      Using the NETCONF Protocol over Blocks Extensible
          OPS  Feb 23 Exchange Protocol (BEEP) (Proposed Standard) - 6
                      of 16
                      draft-ietf-netconf-beep-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Bert Wijnen
          OPS  Feb 23 Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 7 of 16
                      NETCONF Configuration Protocol (Proposed
                      Standard) - 7 of 16
                      draft-ietf-netconf-prot-11.txt
                      Using the NETCONF Configuration Protocol over
                      Secure Shell (SSH) (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-05.txt
               Token: Bert Wijnen
                      Using the Network Configuration Protocol
          OPS  Feb 23 (NETCONF) Over the Simple Object Access Protocol
                      (SOAP) (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 16
                      draft-ietf-netconf-soap-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Bert Wijnen
                      Request Authorization through Dialog
          RAI         Identification in the Session Initiation Protocol
                      (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 16
                      draft-ietf-sip-target-dialog-03.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Allison Mankin
          OPS  Feb 23 Diameter Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                      Application (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 16
                      draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-11.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: PROTO SHEPHERD: John Loughney
                      <[email-masked]>
               Token: Bert Wijnen
          INT         DHCP Server Identifier Override Suboption
                      (Proposed Standard) - 11 of 16
                      draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-03.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
          INT         PWE3 Fragmentation and Reassembly (Proposed
                      Standard) - 12 of 16
                      draft-ietf-pwe3-fragmentation-10.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
          INT         IP over InfiniBand: Connected Mode (Proposed
                      Standard) - 13 of 16
                      draft-ietf-ipoib-connected-mode-02.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
          RAI         Location Types Registry (Proposed Standard) - 14
                      of 16
                      draft-ietf-geopriv-location-types-registry-04.txt
                      [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Ted Hardie
                      Use of SHA-256 in DNSSEC Delegation Signer (DS)
          INT         Resource Records (RRs) (Proposed Standard) - 15
                      of 16
                      draft-ietf-dnsext-ds-sha256-05.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
                      Conveying Feature Tags with Session Initiation
          RAI         Protocol REFER Method (Proposed Standard) - 16 of
                      16
                      draft-ietf-sip-refer-feature-param-01.txt [Open
                      Web Ballot]
                      Note: PROTO shepherd: [email-masked]
               Token: Allison Mankin

        2.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            APP         IMAP Extension for Conditional STORE operation
                        (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ietf-imapext-condstore-09.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Document shepherd is Lisa Dusseault
                        <[email-masked]>
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Transport Layer Security Session Resumption
               SEC         without Server-Side State (Proposed
                           Standard) - 1 of 1
                           draft-salowey-tls-ticket-07.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

   3.1 WG Submissions

       Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
       reasonable
       contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
       covers? If
       not, what changes would make it so?"

     3.1.1 New Item

       Area  Date

       INT  Jun 13 IPv6 Node Information Queries (Experimental) - 1 of
                   6
                   draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-15.txt [Open Web
                   Ballot]
                   Note: The PROTO Shepherd is Bob Hinden
                   <[email-masked]>.
            Token: Margaret Wasserman
       SEC  Feb 23 The Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format
                   (Experimental) - 2 of 6
                   draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-15.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: Returning for publication as an experimental
                   RFC rather than a
                   proposed standard.  When I talked to the IESG about
                   this the plan was
                   to completely remove the schema.  The authors really
                   want appendix c
                   to stay as non-normative; if the IESG cannot accept
                   this then we can
                   use an rfc editor note.
            Token: Sam Hartman
       TSV         Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service
                   Classes (Informational) - 3 of 6
                   draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-service-classes-02.txt
                   [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: PROTO shepherd: James Polk <[email-masked]>
            Token: Allison Mankin
       OPS         DNSSEC Operational Practices (Informational) - 4 of
                   6
                   draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-operational-practices-07.txt
                   [Open Web Ballot]
            Token: David Kessens
       INT         Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6
                   (Informational) - 5 of 6
                   draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-04.txt [Open Web
                   Ballot]
            Token: Margaret Wasserman
                   FTP Transport for Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data
       APP         Interchange over the Internet (Informational) - 6 of
                   6
                   draft-ietf-ediint-as3-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: There has been almost no public discussion of
                   this document within whatever remains of the EDIINT
                   working group.Â  However, there do appear to be
                   implementations and there thus appears to be value
                   in publishing the document as an Informational
                   RFC.Â  Significant comments that can not be
                   addressed with an RFC Editor note might not be
                   resolvable.
            Token: Scott Hollenbeck

     3.1.2 Returning Item
           NONE

   3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

       Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
       reasonable
       contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
       covers? If
       not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         Media Type Registration for SMPTE Material
                         Exchange Format (MXF) (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-edwards-mime-mxf-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE
   3.2.3 For Action

      Area  Date

      APP         The application/smil and application/smil+xml Media
                  Types (Informational) - 1 of 1
                  draft-hoschka-smil-media-type-12.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
                  Note: Back on ballot to confirm the IESG is okay with
                  a late change related to SMIL versions.  The
                  substantive change is that SMIL is now being
                  registered as OBSOLETE
           Token: Ted Hardie

   3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

       The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
       found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
       IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
       <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
       that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
       not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
       document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
       therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
       approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
       IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
       therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
       approval.

       Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
       to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

             3.3.1 New Item
                   NONE
             3.3.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Jan 30 Email Address Internationalization
                                    (eai) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Ted

       4.2 WG Rechartering

              4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     TSV  Feb 23 Behavior Engineering for Hindrance
                                 Avoidance (behave) - 1 of 3
                          Token: Jon
                     RAI  Feb 23 Internet Emergency Preparedness
                                 (ieprep) - 2 of 3
                          Token: Jon
                     SEC  Feb 21 Security Issues in Network Event
                                 Logging (syslog) - 3 of 3
                          Token: Sam

              4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Feb 10 MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff
                                 Optimization (mipshop) - 1 of 2
                          Token: Margaret
                     GEN  Jan 26 Intellectual Property Rights (ipr) - 2
                                 of 2
                          Token: Brian

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News