Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-05-25 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 04:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-05-25).

Updated 2:2:26 EDT, May 22, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               TSV         NAT Behavioral Requirements for Unicast UDP
                           (BCP) - 1 of 4
                           draft-ietf-behave-nat-udp-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Dan Wing <[email-masked]> in sheperd
                           IETF Last call ends 2006-05-23
                    Token: Magnus Westerlund
               RAI         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2
                           of 4
                           RTP Payload for DTMF Digits, Telephony Tones
                           and Telephony Signals (Proposed Standard) -
                           2 of 4
                           draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-13.txt
                           Note: PROTO shepherd Colin Perkins
                           <[email-masked]>
                           Definition of Events For Modem, FAX, and
                           Text Telephony Signals (Proposed Standard)
                           draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-06.txt
                           Note: PROTO shepherd
                           [email-masked]
                    Token: Cullen Jennings
               TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3
                           of 4
                           DDP/RDMAP Security (Proposed Standard) - 3
                           of 4
                           draft-ietf-rddp-security-09.txt
                           Note: PROTO Sherpherd: David Black
                           ([email-masked])
                           Applicability of Remote Direct Memory Access
                           Protocol (RDMA) and Direct Data Placement
                           (DDP) (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-rddp-applicability-06.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: David Black
                           ([email-masked])
                    Token: Jon Peterson
                           Encapsulation Methods for Transport of PPP/
               INT         HDLC Over MPLS Networks (Proposed Standard)
                           - 4 of 4
                           draft-ietf-pwe3-hdlc-ppp-encap-mpls-08.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Mark Townsley

            2.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

                           Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR): The
               OPS         Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation
                           Plan (BCP) - 1 of 1
                           draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Geoff Huston is the proto shepherd
                    Token: David Kessens

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item
                  NONE
            2.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

                           Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4,
               INT         ICMPv6, UDP and TCP Headers (Proposed
                           Standard) - 1 of 1
                           draft-fenner-iana-exp-2780-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: 3/20/06: Waiting for -03 version from
                           Bill Fenner to address discusses.
                           5/5/06: Waiting for Mark to remove his
                           Discuss and/or talk to Bill.
                           16/5/06: Bill submits a new revision,
                           document placed on next telechat agenda.
                    Token: Jari Arkko

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

                        Benchmarking Terminology for Resource
            OPS  Jan 2  Reservation Capable Routers (Informational) - 1
                        of 8
                        draft-ietf-bmwg-benchres-term-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Proto Spepherd: Al Morton
                        <[email-masked]>
                 Token: David Kessens
            RTG         PCE Communication Protocol Generic Requirements
                        (Informational) - 2 of 8
                        draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Ross Callon
            RTG         Requirements for Path Computation Element (PCE)
                        Discovery (Informational) - 3 of 8
                        draft-ietf-pce-discovery-reqs-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Ross Callon
                        TCP-Friendly Multicast Congestion Control
            TSV         (TFMCC): Protocol Specification (Experimental)
                        - 4 of 8
                        draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tfmcc-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO shepherd: lorenzo vicisano
                        [email-masked]
                        IETF last call ends 24th of May
                 Token: Magnus Westerlund
                        Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer
            OPS         Traffic Control Mechanisms (Informational) - 5
                        of 8
                        draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-12.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Al Morton <[email-masked]> is the proto
                        shepherd
                 Token: David Kessens
            OPS         IPv6 Transition/Co-existence Security
                        Considerations (Informational) - 6 of 8
                        draft-ietf-v6ops-security-overview-04.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO-SHEPHERDING WG chairs: Kurt Erik
                        Lindqvist, [email-masked]
                 Token: David Kessens
            OPS         ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Broadband
                        Access Networks (Informational) - 7 of 8
                        draft-ietf-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-04.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: SHEPHERDING WG chair: Kurt Erik
                        Lindqvist, [email-masked]
                 Token: David Kessens
            OPS         IPv6 Network Architecture Protection
                        (Informational) - 8 of 8
                        draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO-SHEPHERDING WG chair: Kurt Erik
                        Lindqvist, [email-masked]
                 Token: David Kessens

          3.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              INT         Accommodating an MTU/MRU greater than 1492 in
                          PPPoE (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-arberg-pppoe-mtu-gt1492-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         The Tao of IETF - A Novice's Guide to the
             GEN         Internet Engineering Task Force
                         (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-hoffman-taobis-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Brian Carpenter
             SEC         IKEv2 Clarifications and Implementation
                         Guidelines (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-clarifications-09.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley

           3.2.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

                          Experimental Procedure for Long Term
              GEN         Suspensions from Mailing Lists (Experimental)
                          - 1 of 1
                          draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Last call ended March 15
                   Token: Brian Carpenter

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

              3.3.1 New Item
                    NONE
              3.3.2 Returning Item

                  Area  Date

                  GEN         Server/Application State Protocol v1
                              (Informational) - 1 of 1
                              draft-bivens-sasp-03.txt [Open Web
                              Ballot]
                       Token: Magnus Westerlund

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Apr 19 IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks (16ng)
                                    - 1 of 1
                             Token: Jari

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News