Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-08-31 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-08-31).

Updated 2:2:38 EDT, August 28, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              RAI         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                          7
                          The Message Session Relay Protocol (Proposed
                          Standard) - 1 of 7
                          draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-15.txt
                          Relay Extensions for the Message Sessions
                          Relay Protocol (MSRP) (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-simple-msrp-relays-08.txt
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              RTG         GMPLS - Communication of Alarm Information
                          (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 7
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-alarm-spec-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ross Callon
              RTG         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3
                          of 7
                          Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
                          (GMPLS) Label Switching Router (LSR)
                          Management Information Base (Proposed
                          Standard) - 3 of 7
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-lsr-mib-14.txt
                          Definitions of Textual Conventions for
                          Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
                          (GMPLS) Management (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-tc-mib-10.txt
                          Note: Awaiting update from final MIB review.
                          Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
                          (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Management
                          Information Base (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib-15.txt
                          Note: Awaiting update from final MIB review.
                   Token: Bill Fenner
              RTG         IANA Considerations for OSPF (BCP) - 4 of 7
                          draft-ietf-ospf-iana-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Bill Fenner
                          Specifying Alternate Semantics for the
              TSV         Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Field
                          (BCP) - 5 of 7
                          draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-alternates-01.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: James Polk
                          ([email-masked])
                   Token: Lars Eggert
                          Connecting IPv6 Islands over IPv4 MPLS using
              RTG         IPv6 Provider Edge Routers (6PE) (Proposed
                          Standard) - 6 of 7
                          draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-06.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Despite its filename, this is an *IDR*
                          working group draft.
                   Token: Bill Fenner
              RAI         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 7 of
                          7
                          Media Type Registration of RTP Payload
                          Formats (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 7
                          draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-04.txt
                          Media Type Registration of Payload Formats in
                          the RTP Profile for Audio and Video
                          Conferences (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-part2-01.txt
                   Token: Cullen Jennings

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item
                  NONE
            2.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               APP         Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)
                           (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                           draft-dusseault-caldav-14.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               APP         SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future
                           Message Release (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                           draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Last Call ends on June 22, 2006
                    Token: Ted Hardie

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Goals for Network-based Localized Mobility
                           Management (NETLMM) (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               SEC         EAP Password Authenticated Exchange
                           (Informational) - 1 of 3
                           draft-clancy-eap-pax-09.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
               RTG         RFC 1264 is Obsolete (Informational) - 2 of
                           3
                           draft-fenner-obsolete-1264-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon
                           A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
               APP         The Near Field Communication Forum (NFC
                           Forum) (Informational) - 3 of 3
                           draft-abel-nfc-urn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie

            3.2.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                GEN  Apr 11 A Process Experiment in Normative Reference
                            Handling (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                            draft-klensin-norm-ref-01.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                            Note: RFC 3933 process experiment
                     Token: Brian Carpenter

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE
      3.3.3 For Action

          Area  Date

          GEN         A Taxonomy and Analysis of Enhancements to Mobile
                      IPv6 Route Optimization (Informational) - 1 of 1
                      draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-08.txt
               Token: Brian Carpenter

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                  4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Aug 8  Language Tag Registry Update (ltru)
                                    - 1 of 1
                             Token: Ted

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News