Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-10-12 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 04:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-10-12).

Updated 2:2:34 EDT, October 9, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                          8
                          Direct Data Placement over Reliable
                          Transports (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
                          draft-ietf-rddp-ddp-07.txt
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: David Black
                          ([email-masked])
                          GEN-ART Reviewer: Francis Dupont
                          ([email-masked])
                          A Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol
                          Specification (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-rddp-rdmap-07.txt
                   Token: Lars Eggert
              TSV         Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP
                          Specification (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 8
                          draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: David Black
                          ([email-masked])
                          Gen-ART Reviewer: Eric Gray
                          ([email-masked])
                   Token: Lars Eggert
              OPS         Operation of Anycast Services (BCP) - 3 of 8
                          draft-ietf-grow-anycast-04.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: Geoff Huston
                   Token: David Kessens
                          The SDP (Session Description Protocol)
              RAI         Content Attribute (Proposed Standard) - 4 of
                          8
                          draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-06.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO shepherd is Colin Perkins
                   Token: Cullen Jennings
                          Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
              TSV         Direct Data Placement (DDP) Adaptation
                          (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 8
                          draft-ietf-rddp-sctp-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: David Black
                          ([email-masked])
                          Gen-ART Reviewer: Eric Gray
                          ([email-masked])
                   Token: Lars Eggert
              TSV         Aggregation of RSVP Reservations over MPLS TE
                          /DS-TE Tunnels (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 8
                          draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-dste-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Gen-ART Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm
                          ([email-masked])
                   Token: Magnus Westerlund
              INT         DNSSEC Experiments (Proposed Standard) - 7 of
                          8
                          draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation over Packet (CEP)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 8
                          draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-13.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item
                NONE
          2.2.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             SEC         RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-rja-ripv2-auth-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Back on the agenda to see if the latest
                         update includes all of the points in the
                         security considerations to clear Sam's DISCUSS
                         position.
                  Token: Russ Housley
             GEN         Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions (BCP) -
                         2 of 2
                         draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Sam Hartman

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            INT         DNSSEC Opt-In (Experimental) - 1 of 6
                        draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-09.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
                        Requirements for Multicast in L3
            INT         Provider-Provisioned VPNs (Informational) - 2
                        of 6
                        draft-ietf-l3vpn-ppvpn-mcast-reqts-09.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            TSV         Quick-Start for TCP and IP (Experimental) - 3
                        of 6
                        draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-06.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Document Shepherd: James Polk
                        ([email-masked])
                        Gen-ART Reviewer: Francis Dupont
                        ([email-masked])
                 Token: Lars Eggert
                        Structure-aware TDM Circuit Emulation Service
            INT         over Packet Switched Network (CESoPSN)
                        (Informational) - 4 of 6
                        draft-ietf-pwe3-cesopsn-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            INT         TDM over IP (Informational) - 5 of 6
                        draft-ietf-pwe3-tdmoip-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            TSV         QoS Signaling in a Nested Virtual Private
                        Network (Informational) - 6 of 6
                        draft-ietf-tsvwg-vpn-signaled-preemption-01.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Magnus Westerlund

          3.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Security Implications of Using the Data
               SEC         Encryption Standard (DES) (Informational) -
                           1 of 1
                           draft-kelly-saag-des-implications-05.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            3.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

         4.1 WG Creation

                   4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                       NONE
                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                          Area  Date
                          SEC  Sep 22 Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)
                                      - 1 of 2
                               Token: Russ
                          SEC  Sep 22 Handover Keying (hokey) - 2 of 2
                               Token: Russ

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Sayre Appeal (Brian Carpenter)

7. Working Group News