Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-10-26 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 04:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-10-26).

Updated 2:3:3 EDT, October 23, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

   2.1 WG Submissions

     2.1.1 New Item

       Area  Date

       RTG         M-ISIS: Multi Topology (MT) Routing in IS-IS
                   (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 10
                   draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-11.txt [Open Web
                   Ballot]
            Token: Bill Fenner
                   RSVP-TE Extensions in support of End-to-End
       RTG         Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
                   Recovery (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 10
                   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-e2e-signaling-04.txt
                   [Open Web Ballot]
            Token: Ross Callon
       RTG         GMPLS Based Segment Recovery (Proposed Standard) - 3
                   of 10
                   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-segment-recovery-03.txt [Open
                   Web Ballot]
            Token: Ross Callon
       TSV         Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP Specification
                   (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
                   draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: PROTO Shepherd: David Black
                   ([email-masked])
                   Gen-ART Reviewer: Eric Gray ([email-masked])
            Token: Lars Eggert
       RTG         BGP Support for Four-octet AS Number Space (Proposed
                   Standard) - 5 of 10
                   draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-12.txt [Open Web Ballot]
            Token: Bill Fenner
       TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects for Middlebox
                   Communication (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 10
                   draft-ietf-midcom-mib-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: SEC-DIR Reviewer: Radia Perlman
                   ([email-masked])
                   WG Shephard Melinda Shore
            Token: Magnus Westerlund
       TSV         Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery (Proposed
                   Standard) - 7 of 10
                   draft-ietf-pmtud-method-10.txt
                   Note: PROTO Document Shepherd: Matt Zekauskas
                   ([email-masked])
            Token: Lars Eggert
       RTG         Encapsulation of MPLS over Layer 2 Tunneling
                   Protocol Version 3 (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 10
                   draft-ietf-mpls-over-l2tpv3-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
            Token: Ross Callon
       RAI         Enhancements to RTP Payload Formats for EVRC Family
                   Codecs (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 10
                   draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-11.txt [Open Web
                   Ballot]
                   Note: Colin Perkins is PROTO Shepherd
            Token: Cullen Jennings
                   Pre-Shared Key Cipher Suites with NULL Encryption
       SEC         for Transport Layer Security (TLS) (Proposed
                   Standard) - 10 of 10
                   draft-ietf-tls-psk-null-03.txt
                   Note: PROTO Shepherd is Eric Rescorla
                   <[email-masked]>
            Token: Russ Housley

     2.1.2 Returning Item

        Area  Date

                    Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the
        OPS         Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information (Proposed
                    Standard) - 1 of 1
                    draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-23.txt [Open Web Ballot]
             Token: Dan Romascanu

   2.2 Individual Submissions

        2.2.1 New Item

           Area  Date

                       Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS1, J1,
           OPS         E1, DS2 and E2 Interface Types (Proposed
                       Standard) - 1 of 2
                       draft-orly-atommib-rfc3895bis-01.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Dan Romascanu
                       Encoding Instructions for the Generic String
           APP         Encoding Rules (GSER) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                       2
                       draft-legg-ldap-gser-ei-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                Token: Ted Hardie

        2.2.2 Returning Item

           Area  Date

           SEC         RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication (Proposed
                       Standard) - 1 of 1
                       draft-rja-ripv2-auth-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                       Note: Back on the agenda to see if the latest
                       update includes all of the points in the
                       security considerations to clear Sam's DISCUSS
                       position.
                Token: Russ Housley

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              OPS         Recommendations for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages
                          in Firewalls (Informational) - 1 of 2
                          draft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-recs-02.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO shepherd: Fred Baker

                          This document is a late addition to the
                          agenda.
                          Feel free to defer if you need more time for
                          review.
                   Token: David Kessens
              SEC         Requirements for an IPsec Certificate
                          Management Profile (Informational) - 2 of 2
                          draft-ietf-pki4ipsec-mgmt-profile-rqts-06.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley

            3.1.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                OPS         Architecture for IP Flow Information Export
                            (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-12.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                     Token: Dan Romascanu

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              INT         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                          2
                          Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Layer
                          2 Frames Over MPLS Networks (Historic) - 1 of
                          2
                          draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-12.txt
                          Transport of Layer 2 Frames Over MPLS
                          (Historic)
                          draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-19.txt
                   Token: Mark Townsley
                          A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
              APP         the International Organization for
                          Standardization (ISO) (Informational) - 2 of
                          2
                          draft-goodwin-iso-urn-00.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie

           3.2.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                RTG         RFC 1264 is Obsolete (Informational) - 1 of
                            1
                            draft-fenner-obsolete-1264-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ross Callon

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

         4.1 WG Creation

                   4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                       NONE
                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                          Area  Date
                          SEC  Sep 22 Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)
                                      - 1 of 2
                               Token: Russ
                          SEC  Sep 22 Handover Keying (hokey) - 2 of 2
                               Token: Russ

        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        RAI  Oct 19 Internet Emergency Preparedness
                                    (ieprep) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Jon

                 4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                          Area  Date
                          INT  Oct 9  Host Identity Protocol (hip) - 1
                                      of 1
                               Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News