Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-11-16 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:00:08 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-11-16).

Updated 2:2:23 EDT, November 13, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

    2.1 WG Submissions

        2.1.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           OPS         Information Model for IP Flow Information Export
                       (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 7
                       draft-ietf-ipfix-info-14.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                Token: Dan Romascanu
           INT         Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the revised
                       IPsec Architecture (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 7
                       draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt
                       Note: PROTO Shepherd is Basavaraj Patil
                       <[email-masked]>
                Token: Jari Arkko
                       Mapping of IP/MPLS packets into IEEE 802.17
           INT  May 3  (Resilient packet ring) Networks (Proposed
                       Standard) - 3 of 7
                       draft-ietf-iporpr-basic-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                Token: Mark Townsley
           INT         PWE3 ATM Transparent Cell Transport Service
                       (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 7
                       draft-ietf-pwe3-cell-transport-06.txt
                Token: Mark Townsley
           SEC         DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
                       (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 7
                       draft-ietf-dkim-base-06.txt
                Token: Russ Housley
                       Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3
           OPS         Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) (Proposed
                       Standard) - 6 of 7
                       draft-ietf-hubmib-rfc3636bis-05.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Bert Wijnen is the PROTO shepherd
                Token: Dan Romascanu
                       RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Corrections
           TSV         and Clarifications to RFC 3095 (Proposed
                       Standard) - 7 of 7
                       draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-22.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Magnus Westerlund

        2.1.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

          INT         IP Version 6 over PPP (Draft Standard) - 1 of 1
                      draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-02.txt
                      Note: This was in IESG in 2005, though never on
                      the agenda. Got to wait state because of lack of
                      implementation reports from both sides of a test.
                      This is now brought back to the IESG to either
                      approve it as-is, or formally force the WG to
                      downgrade this to PS.
               Token: Jari Arkko

    2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item
                    NONE
              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                           of 7
                           An Architecture for Provider Provisioned
                           CE-based Virtual Private Networks using
                           IPsec (Informational) - 1 of 7
                           draft-ietf-l3vpn-ce-based-03.txt
                           Applicability Statement for Provider
                           Provisioned CE-based Virtual Private
                           Networks using IPsec (Informational)
                           draft-declercq-l3vpn-ce-based-as-00.txt
                    Token: Mark Townsley
               INT         Three-Document ballot: - 2 of 7
                           Network based IP VPN Architecture Using
                           Virtual Routers (Informational) - 2 of 7
                           draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt
                           Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for
                           VR-based Layer-3 VPNs (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt
                           Applicability Statement for Virtual
                           Router-based Layer 3 PPVPN Approaches
                           (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-l3vpn-as-vr-02.txt
                    Token: Mark Townsley
               APP         IMAP ANNOTATE Extension (Experimental) - 3
                           of 7
                           draft-ietf-imapext-annotate-16.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault
                           Address Resolution Mechanisms for IP
               INT         Datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks
                           (Informational) - 4 of 7
                           draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Mark Townsley
               INT         Security Threats to Network-Based Localized
                           Mobility Management (Informational) - 5 of 7
                           draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-04.txt
                    Token: Jari Arkko
               INT         IP Address Location Privacy and Mobile IPv6:
                           Problem Statement (Informational) - 6 of 7
                           draft-ietf-mip6-location-privacy-ps-04.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd is Gopal Dommety
                           <gdommety@cisco>.
                           NOTE: There are RFC Editor notes!
                    Token: Jari Arkko
               INT         Two-Document ballot: - 7 of 7
                           Network Mobility Route Optimization Problem
                           Statement (Informational) - 7 of 7
                           draft-ietf-nemo-ro-problem-statement-03.txt
                           Note: Proto shepherd is TJ Kniveton
                           <[email-masked]>
                           Network Mobility Route Optimization Solution
                           Space Analysis (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-03.txt
                           Note: Proto shepherd is TJ Kniveton
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Jari Arkko

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            GEN  Jun 27 Document Shepherding from Working Group Last
                        Call to Publication (Informational) - 1 of 2
                        draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-08.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Brian Carpenter
            SEC         Key Change Strategies for TCP-MD5
                        (Informational) - 2 of 2
                        draft-bellovin-keyroll2385-03.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Russ Housley

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

            3.3.1 New Item
                  NONE
            3.3.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

                           A Taxonomy and Analysis of Enhancements to
               INT         Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization
                           (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-08.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Mark Townsley

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        SEC  Nov 1  Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation)
                                    (kitten) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Sam

                4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        RAI  Oct 19 Internet Emergency Preparedness
                                    (ieprep) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Jon

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News