Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-03-08 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 04:00:08 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-03-08).

Updated 2:2:31 EDT, March 5, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               RTG         Crankback Signaling Extensions for MPLS and
                           GMPLS RSVP-TE (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 14
                           draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon
                           Definitions and Managed Objects for OAM
               OPS  Mar 8  Functions on Ethernet Like Interfaces
                           (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 14
                           draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-mib-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Bert Wijnen is the PROTO shepherd
                    Token: Dan Romascanu
                           Avoid BGP Best Path Transitions from One
               RTG         External to Another (Proposed Standard) - 3
                           of 14
                           draft-ietf-idr-avoid-transition-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Last Call ends 2007-03-12
                    Token: Bill Fenner
               RTG         Bootstrap Router (BSR) Mechanism for PIM
                           (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 14
                           draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Last Call ends 2007-03-12
                    Token: Bill Fenner
               RAI         Protocol Extensions for Header Compression
                           over MPLS (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 14
                           draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd is Colin Perkins
                    Token: Cullen Jennings
               RAI         IANA Registration for vCard Enumservice
                           (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 14
                           draft-ietf-enum-vcard-05.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Jon Peterson
                           RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Profile
               TSV         for TCP/IP (ROHC-TCP) (Proposed Standard) -
                           7 of 14
                           draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-16.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Magnus Westerlund
               APP         HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring -
                           WebDAV (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 14
                           draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-18.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               RAI         Connected Identity in the Session Initiation
                           Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 14
                           draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-05.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Keith Drage is the document PROTO
                           shepherd
                    Token: Cullen Jennings
               OPS         Fibre-Channel Zone Server MIB (Proposed
                           Standard) - 10 of 14
                           draft-ietf-imss-fc-zs-mib-03.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Dan Romascanu
                           Fibre Channel Registered State Change
               OPS         Notification (RSCN) MIB (Proposed Standard)
                           - 11 of 14
                           draft-ietf-imss-fc-rscn-mib-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Dan Romascanu
               OPS         Fibre-Channel Fabric Configuration Server
                           MIB (Proposed Standard) - 12 of 14
                           draft-ietf-imss-fc-fcs-mib-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Dan Romascanu
                           Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE
               INT         802.15.4 Networks (Proposed Standard) - 13
                           of 14
                           draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-11.txt
                    Token: Mark Townsley
                           Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key
               INT         Management Framework (Proposed Standard) -
                           14 of 14
                           draft-ietf-eap-keying-18.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko

            2.1.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                RTG         Avoiding Equal Cost Multipath Treatment in
                            MPLS Networks (BCP) - 1 of 1
                            draft-ietf-mpls-ecmp-bcp-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ross Callon

      2.2 Individual Submissions

             2.2.1 New Item

                 Area  Date

                 SEC         Guidelines for Mandating the Use of IPsec
                             (BCP) - 1 of 4
                             draft-bellovin-useipsec-06.txt [Open Web
                             Ballot]
                      Token: Russ Housley
                 GEN         SMTP Service Extension for Authentication
                             (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 4
                             draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-08.txt [Open
                             Web Ballot]
                      Token: Lisa Dusseault
                 RTG         Language Tag MIB (Proposed Standard) - 3
                             of 4
                             draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib-02.txt [Open
                             Web Ballot]
                      Token: Bill Fenner
                 RTG         Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) MIB
                             (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                             draft-mcwalter-uri-mib-03.txt [Open Web
                             Ballot]
                      Token: Bill Fenner

             2.2.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            APP         Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for
                        SMTP (Informational) - 1 of 6
                        draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Ted Hardie
                        PCE Communication Protocol (PCECP) Specific
                        Requirements for Inter-Area Multi Protocol
            RTG         Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS
                        (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (Informational) - 2
                        of 6
                        draft-ietf-pce-pcecp-interarea-reqs-05.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Ross Callon
            GEN  Feb 21 Guidance on Area Director Sponsoring of
                        Documents (Informational) - 3 of 6
                        draft-iesg-sponsoring-guidelines-01.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: Decided on 2007-01-25 to make this an RFC
                        not an ION, but Last Call comments have
                        reopened that question.
                 Token: Brian Carpenter
            INT         6LoWPAN: Overview, Assumptions, Problem
                        Statement and Goals (Informational) - 4 of 6
                        draft-ietf-6lowpan-problem-08.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: There is an RFC Editor's note.
                 Token: Mark Townsley
            OPS         Requirements for a Mechanism Identifying a Name
                        Server Instance (Informational) - 5 of 6
                        draft-ietf-dnsop-serverid-08.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Peter Koch <[email-masked]> is the document
                        shepherd
                 Token: David Kessens
            OPS         Reasons to Move NAT-PT to Historic Status
                        (Informational) - 6 of 6
                        draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic-00.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: Fred baker <[email-masked]> is the
                        document shepherd for this document.

                        Please also see long note that I sent to the
                        IESG list.
                        For your convenience, I have also copied the
                        note to the write-ups.
                 Token: David Kessens

          3.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         Five-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                         2
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
                         (Experimental) - 1 of 2
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-07.txt
                         Note: Note updated intended status.
                         Robust XML Encoding Rules (RXER) for Abstract
                         Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) (Proposed
                         Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-rxer-07.txt
                         Note: Note updated intended status.
                         Encoding Instructions for the Robust XML
                         Encoding Rules (RXER) (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-rxer-ei-04.txt
                         Note: Note updated intended status.
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
                         Representation of Encoding Instructions for
                         the Generic String Encoding Rules (GSER)
                         (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-gserei-03.txt
                         Note: Note updated intended status.
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
                         Representation of Encoding Instructions for
                         the XML Encoding Rules (XER) (Proposed
                         Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-xerei-03.txt
                         Note: Note updated intended status.
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             SEC         Use of Hash Algorithms in IKE and IPsec
                         (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-05.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Paul has submitted -06 to resolve Last
                         Call comments.
                  Token: Russ Housley

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

            3.3.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               GEN         IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the Tunnel Setup
                           Protocol (TSP) (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                           draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp-03.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: See 'IESG Note' section for proposed
                           RFC 3932 response.
                    Token: David Kessens

            3.3.2 Returning Item
                  NONE
     3.3.3 For Action

         Area  Date

         GEN         Explicit Multicast (Xcast) Concepts and Options
                     (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                     draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-11.txt
              Token: Brian Carpenter

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News