Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-10-18 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 04:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-10-18).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Signaling MIB for PacketCable and IPCablecom
             OPS  Mar 10 Multimedia Terminal Adapters (MTAs) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 5
                         draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-15.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Jean Francois Mule is the PROTO SHEPHERD
                         of the document
                  Token: Dan Romascanu
                         Extended Secure RTP Profile for RTCP-based
             RAI         Feedback (RTP/SAVPF) (Proposed Standard) - 2
                         of 5
                         draft-ietf-avt-profile-savpf-11.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd is Colin
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         A Domain Availability Check (dchk) Registry
             APP         Type for the Internet Registry Information
                         Service (IRIS) (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5
                         draft-ietf-crisp-iris-dchk-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: April Marine is Document Shepherd.
                  Token: Chris Newman
             APP         IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox
                         Resynchronization (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Chris Newman
             TSV         MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol (Proposed
                         Standard) - 5 of 5
                         draft-ietf-tsvwg-udplite-mib-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Shepherd by responsible AD: Magnus
                         Westerlund
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT         Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Document Shepherd is Brian Haberman
                  Token: Jari Arkko
                         Requesting Answering Modes for the Session
             RAI         Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard)
                         - 2 of 2
                         draft-ietf-sip-answermode-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Keith is shepherd.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings

     2.2 Individual Submissions

       2.2.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         GEN         Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
                     Section in RFCs (BCP) - 1 of 1
                     draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-08.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Russ Housley

       2.2.2 Returning Item
             NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.1.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         TSV         Defining Network Capacity (Informational) - 1 of 3
                     draft-ietf-ippm-bw-capacity-05.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
                     Note: Document Shepherd: Matt Zekauskas
                     ([email-masked])
              Token: Lars Eggert
         TSV         NFS RDMA Problem Statement (Informational) - 2 of
                     3
                     draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-07.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
                     Note: Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
                     ([email-masked])
              Token: Lars Eggert
                     Dynamic Authorization Extensions to Remote
         OPS         Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)
                     (Informational) - 3 of 3
                     draft-ietf-radext-rfc3576bis-10.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Dan Romascanu

       3.1.2 Returning Item
             NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item
                 NONE
           3.2.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              INT         EAP-IKEv2 Method (Experimental) - 1 of 2
                          draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-15.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: There is no Document Shepherd.
                          Another doc to take back to telechat
                   Token: Jari Arkko
                          Experiment in Study Group Formation within
              GEN         the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
                          (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                          draft-aboba-sg-experiment-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: No document shepherd.
                          Need to bring this back to the telechat
                   Token: Jari Arkko

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Sep 25 HyperText Transport Protocol Bis
                                    (httpbis) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Lisa

        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        RTG  Oct 11 Common Control and Measurement
                                    Plane (ccamp) - 1 of 2
                             Token: Ross
                        RAI  Oct 9  Audio/Video Transport (avt) - 2 of
                                    2
                             Token: Cullen

                4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Sep 23 Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc) -
                                    1 of 2
                             Token: Jari
                        TSV  Sep 27 Network File System Version 4
                                    (nfsv4) - 2 of 2
                             Token: Lars

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 ion-2026-practice.html (Russ Housley)
6.2 On Appeals of IESG and Area Director Actions and Decisions (Russ
Housley)

7. Working Group News