Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-10-04 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-10-04).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               OPS         Overview of the Internet Multicast Routing
                           Architecture (BCP) - 1 of 4
                           draft-ietf-mboned-routingarch-10.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ron Bonica
                           IS-IS Protocol Extensions for Path
               RTG         Computation Element (PCE) Discovery
                           (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 4
                           draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-isis-08.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon
               OPS         Preventing Use of Recursive Nameservers in
                           Reflector Attacks (BCP) - 3 of 4
                           draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-04.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ron Bonica
               INT         Deprecation of Type 0 Routing Headers in
                           IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                           draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Document Shepherd is Bob Hinden
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Jari Arkko

            2.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

                           Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the
               OPS         Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information
                           (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                           draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-26.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: A previous version
                           draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt of this
                           draft was
                           already approved by the IESG. The IPFIX WG
                           decided to make changes to that
                           version of the document with the principal
                           goal of removing the SCTP
                           stream 0 restriction. Reviews should focus
                           on the changes since
                           draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt which are
                           mentioned in an editorial note
                           currently placed after the Table of
                           Contents.
                    Token: Dan Romascanu
               INT         Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB
                           (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 3
                           draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Document Shepherd is Brian Haberman
                    Token: Jari Arkko
                           IP Multicast Requirements for a Network
               TSV         Address (and port) Translator (NAT) (BCP) -
                           3 of 3
                           draft-ietf-behave-multicast-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Magnus Westerlund is Proto Shepherd
                    Token: Magnus Westerlund

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                APP         URI Fragment Identifiers for the text/plain
                            Media Type (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                            draft-wilde-text-fragment-08.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Chris Newman

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.1.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.1.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
              APP         the Society of Motion Picture and Television
                          Engineers (SMPTE) (Informational) - 1 of 3
                          draft-edwards-urn-smpte-02.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Chris Newman
              INT         EAP-IKEv2 Method (Experimental) - 2 of 3
                          draft-tschofenig-eap-ikev2-15.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: There is no Document Shepherd.
                          Note: LC expires Oct 9, I will take this to
                          the IESG 5 days before that
                   Token: Jari Arkko
                          Experiment in Study Group Formation within
              GEN         the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
                          (Experimental) - 3 of 3
                          draft-aboba-sg-experiment-02.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: No document shepherd.
                          Note: LC Expires Oct 8, will take this to
                          IESG four days before that
                   Token: Jari Arkko

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the
          IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Sep 25 HyperText Transport Protocol Bis
                                    (httpbis) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Lisa

                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Sep 23 Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc) -
                                    1 of 2
                             Token: Jari
                        TSV  Sep 27 Network File System Version 4
                                    (nfsv4) - 2 of 2
                             Token: Lars

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 IESG Statement about Appeals (Russ Housley)
6.2 Expert for RFC-to-be: draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt [IANA #106002]
(Michelle Cotton)
6.3 ion-2026-practice.html (Russ Housley)

7. Working Group News