Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-12-20 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-12-20).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              SEC         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                          of 10
                          Certificate Management Messages over CMS
                          (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 10
                          draft-ietf-pkix-2797-bis-06.txt
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: Stefan Santesson
                          <[email-masked]>
                          Certificate Managmement Messages over CMS
                          (CMC): Complience Requirements (Proposed
                          Standard)
                          draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-compl-05.txt
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: Stefan Santesson
                          <[email-masked]>
                          Certificate Management over CMS (CMC):
                          Transport Protocols (Proposed Standard)
                          draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-trans-07.txt
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd: Stefan Santesson
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Tim Polk
              INT         Hash Based Addresses (HBA) (Proposed
                          Standard) - 2 of 10
                          draft-ietf-shim6-hba-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Please also read
                          draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                          Mark Townsley to handle any IPR questions in
                          AD review/IETF LC/IESG, if any
                          Document Shepherd is Geoff Huston
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Jari Arkko
                          Failure Detection and Locator Pair
              INT         Exploration Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming
                          (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 10
                          draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-09.txt
                          Note: Please also read
                          draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                          Mark is handling this for Jari as he is an
                          author
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         Shim6: Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for
                          IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
                          draft-ietf-shim6-proto-09.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Please also read
                          draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                          Document Shepherd is Geoff Huston
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Jari Arkko
              INT         Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations
                          (BCP) - 5 of 10
                          draft-ietf-dnsext-2929bis-06.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
                          Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
              SEC         Certificate and Certificate Revocation List
                          (CRL) Profile (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 10
                          draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-09.txt
                          Note: new version expected to be submitted
                          Friday to address last call comments
                   Token: Sam Hartman
              APP         SIEVE Email Filtering: Extension for
                          Notifications (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 10
                          draft-ietf-sieve-notify-11.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Lisa Dusseault
              APP         Sieve Notification Mechanism: xmpp (Proposed
                          Standard) - 8 of 10
                          draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp-07.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Lisa Dusseault
                          Multicast Extensions to the Security
              SEC         Architecture for the Internet Protocol
                          (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 10
                          draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-extensions-07.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Lakshminath Dondeti is the proto
                          shepherd.
                   Token: Tim Polk
                          A Framework for Consent-based Communications
              RAI         in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 10
                          draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Keith Drage is the document shepherd
                   Token: Cullen Jennings

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item

                  Area  Date

                  INT  Oct 3  IPv4 Address Conflict Detection (Proposed
                              Standard) - 1 of 1
                              draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-05.txt [Open Text
                              Ballot]
                              Note: -05 includes changes based on
                              int-area review.
                       Token: Mark Townsley

              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.1.1 New Item

         Area  Date

                     Framework for real-time text over IP using the
         RAI         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Informational)
                     - 1 of 8
                     draft-ietf-sipping-toip-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Jon Peterson
         INT         IP over 802.16 Problem Statement and Goals
                     (Informational) - 2 of 8
                     draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                     Note: Document shepherd is Daniel Park
                     <[email-masked]>
              Token: Jari Arkko
         INT         Requirements for Multicast Support in Virtual
                     Private LAN Services (Informational) - 3 of 8
                     draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-05.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Mark Townsley
         INT         Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement
                     (Informational) - 4 of 8
                     draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                     Note: Document Shepherd is Stefano Faccin
              Token: Jari Arkko
         RTG         Framework for MPLS-TE to GMPLS migration
                     (Informational) - 5 of 8
                     draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-04.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Ross Callon
                     Interworking Requirements to Support operation of
         RTG         MPLS-TE over GMPLS Networks (Informational) - 6 of
                     8
                     draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-reqts-03.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Ross Callon
         INT         VPLS Interoperability with CE Bridges
                     (Informational) - 7 of 8
                     draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bridge-interop-02.txt [Open
                     Web Ballot]
              Token: Mark Townsley
         INT         L2VPN OAM Requirements and Framework
                     (Informational) - 8 of 8
                     draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-09.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Mark Townsley

       3.1.2 Returning Item
             NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
             GEN         the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 3
                         draft-creed-ogc-urn-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
             INT         Service Selection for Mobile IPv6
                         (Informational) - 2 of 3
                         draft-korhonen-mip6-service-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: No document shepherd
                  Token: Jari Arkko
                         A URN namespace for the Commission for the
             GEN         Management and Application of Geoscience
                         Information (CGI) (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-sjdcox-cgi-urn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault

          3.2.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
             APP         the International Organization for
                         Standardization (ISO) (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-goodwin-iso-urn-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Executive Session for Appeal (Russ Housley)

7. Working Group News