Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-02-21 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:00:06 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-02-21).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
             RAI         based Location-to-Service Translation Protocol
                         (LoST) Discovery Procedure (Proposed Standard)
                         - 1 of 4
                         draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             RAI         LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation
                         Protocol (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 4
                         draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             SEC         EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication
                         Protocol (ERP) (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
                         draft-ietf-hokey-erx-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
             INT         Proxy Mobile IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                         draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Document Shepherd is Jonne Soininen
                  Token: Jari Arkko

          2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              INT         Secure Connectivity and Mobility using Mobile
                          IPv4 and MOBIKE (BCP) - 1 of 2
                          draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Document Shepherd is
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Jari Arkko
              INT         Mobile IPv4 Traversal Across IPsec-based VPN
                          Gateways (BCP) - 2 of 2
                          draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Document Shepherd is Henrik Levkowetz
                   Token: Jari Arkko

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Unicode Format for Network Interchange
                          (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                          draft-klensin-net-utf8-09.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: AD is shepherding
                   Token: Chris Newman
              OPS         A Template for Documents Containing a MIB
                          Module (BCP) - 2 of 3
                          draft-harrington-text-mib-doc-template-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Dan Romascanu
              APP         IMAP extension for referencing the last
                          SEARCH result (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 3
                          draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-07.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: AD is shepherding.
                   Token: Chris Newman

          2.2.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT  Jan 15 IPv4 Address Conflict Detection (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Back on the agenda so I can be sure
                         there are no more discusses, and if enough
                         positions have been recorded. The text ballot
                         is broken.
                         This is for version -06 which should arrive in
                         the repository soon. Otherwise, you may find
                         it here: http://files.stuartcheshire.org/
                         draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-06.txt
                  Token: Mark Townsley

3. Document Actions

  3.1 WG Submissions

      Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
      reasonable
      contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers?
      If
      not, what changes would make it so?"

    3.1.1 New Item

      Area  Date

      RAI         Presence & Instant Messaging Peering Use Cases
                  (Informational) - 1 of 4
                  draft-ietf-speermint-consolidated-presence-im-usecases-03.txt
                  [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Jon Peterson
      SEC         Handover Key Management and Re-authentication Problem
                  Statement (Informational) - 2 of 4
                  draft-ietf-hokey-reauth-ps-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Tim Polk
      RAI         Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework
                  (Informational) - 3 of 4
                  draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Jon Peterson
      INT         Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers over IEEE 802.16e Networks
                  (Informational) - 4 of 4
                  draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Note: Document Shepherd is Vijay Devarapalli
           Token: Jari Arkko

    3.1.2 Returning Item
          NONE

  3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

      Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
      reasonable
      contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers?
      If
      not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               GEN         Diameter Policy Processing Application
                           (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-brenner-dime-peem-01.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Dan Romascanu

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

  3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

      The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
      found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
      IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
      <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
      that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
      not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
      document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
      therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
      approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
      IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
      therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG approval.

      The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
      the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
      Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions
      indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
      document shepherd.

      Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will
      be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

            3.3.1 New Item
                  NONE
            3.3.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Dec 10 Timing over IP Connection and Transfer
                                 of Clock (tictoc) - 1 of 2
                          Token: Mark
                     APP  Feb 7  Internationalized Domain Name (idn) -
                                 2 of 2
                          Token: Lisa

                 4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                     NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                       Area  Date
                       RAI  Feb 14 Multiparty Multimedia Session
                                   Control (mmusic) - 1 of 1
                            Token: Cullen

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 draft-ietf-smime-symkeydist-10.txt (Russ Housley)

7. Working Group News