Subject: IESG agenda for 2009-03-12 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2009-03-12).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
            Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions
TSV  Mar 07 to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-behave-turn-13 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Magnus Westerlund
RAI  Mar 08 RTP payload format for mU-law EMbedded Codec for Low-delay
            IP communication (UEMCLIP) speech codec (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-avt-rtp-uemclip-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: The document shepherd is Roni Even.
     Token: Cullen Jennings
            Was deferred by Russ Housley on 2009-02-26
SEC  Mar 07 IPsec Channels: Connection Latching (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Tim Polk
            Was deferred by Pasi Eronen on 2009-02-26
APP  Mar 07 Netnews Architecture and Protocols (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-14 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
INT  Mar 07 Softwire Security Analysis and Requirements (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-softwire-security-requirements-06 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
     Token: Mark Townsley
OPS  Mar 08 NETCONF Over Transport Layer Security (TLS) (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-netconf-tls-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Mehmet Ersue is the PROTO-shepherd
     Token: Dan Romascanu
APP  Mar 07 The Lemonade Profile (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-12 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Glenn Parsons is the Document Shepherd
     Token: Chris Newman
INT  Mar 08 Heartbeat Mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-05 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Jari Arkko

2.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
GEN  Mar 08 Reduced Backus-Naur Form (RBNF) A Syntax Used in Various
            Protocol Specifications (Proposed Standard)
            draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ross Callon
APP  Mar 07 IMAP Response Codes (Proposed Standard)
            draft-gulbrandsen-imap-response-codes-07 [txt]
            Note: Alexey Melnikov is document shepherd
     Token: Chris Newman

2.2.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
GEN  Mar 08 Vouch By Reference (Proposed Standard)
            draft-hoffman-dac-vbr-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Item

NONE

3.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
            Diameter Command Code Registration for Third Generation
GEN  Mar 08 Partnership Project (3GPP) Evolved Packet System (EPS)
            (Informational)
            draft-jones-dime-3gpp-eps-command-codes-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: IETF LC ends on 3/5. A new revised I-D will be
            available immediatly after the Last Call.
     Token: Dan Romascanu

3.2.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
SEC  Mar 07 Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions
            (Experimental)
            draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     IPR:     * Eric Rescorla's statement about possible IPR claimed in
                draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt belonging to IBM
                Corporation
              * Stephen Farrell's statement about possible IPR claimed
                in draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt belonging to
                Siemens
              * RedPhone Security's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07 (1)
              * RedPhone Security's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07 (2)
              * RedPhone Security's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07 (3)

     Token: Tim Polk

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not found any
    conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The IESG thinks
    that this work is related to IETF work done in WG <X>, but this
    does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks that publication is
    harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends not publishing at this
    time; 4) The IESG thinks that this document violates the IETF
    procedures for <X> and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this
    document extends an IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF
    review and should therefore not be published without IETF review
    and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG Note portion
    of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions indicate
    consensus with the response proposed by the document shepherd.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Item

Area  Date
APP  Mar 08 Linguistic Guidelines for the Use of the Arabic Language in
            Internet Domains (Informational)
            draft-farah-adntf-ling-guidelines-04 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault

3.3.2 Returning Item

NONE

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

Area  Date
INT  Mar 05 Locator/ID Separation Protocol (lisp)
     Token: Jari
RAI  Feb 27 Session Initiation Protocol Core (sipcore)
     Token: Cullen
RAI  Feb 27 Dispatch (dispatch)
     Token: Cullen

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
TSV  Feb 10 Network File System Version 4 (nfsv4)
     Token: Lars
INT  Feb 18 Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration (autoconf)
     Token: Jari
RTG  Feb 20 Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks (roll)
     Token: David

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News