Subject: IESG agenda for 2009-10-08 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 04:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2009-10-08).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
SEC  Oct 04 IKEv2 Session Resumption (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-resumption-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Paul Hoffman ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Pasi Eronen
INT  Sep 29 Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-mipshop-pfmipv6-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Vijay Devarapalli ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko
OPS  Sep 28 SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pmol-sip-perf-metrics-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Vijay Gurbani is the PROTO-shepherd
     Token: Dan Romascanu
            Was deferred by Robert Sparks on 2009-09-21
OPS  Oct 05 Updated IANA Considerations for Diameter Command Code
            Allocations (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-dime-diameter-cmd-iana-01 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Victor Fajardo ([email-masked]) is
            the document shepherd.
     Token: Ron Bonica
APP  Oct 05 Preliminary Evaluation of RFC 1652 for Advancement to Full
            Standard (Standard)
            draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-pre-evaluation-00 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: This draft contains the list of changes planned by
            the YAM WG to move RFC 1652 to Full Standard. There is no
            intention to publish this document as an RFC, so IESG
            should vote on this document as if RFC 1652 is advancing to
            Full Standard.
            S Moonesamy <[email-masked]> has agreed to serve as
            the document shepherd, but note that there is no
            shepherding write-up for this document.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
RTG  Oct 01 Requirements for OAM in MPLS Transport Networks (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-03 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
            Note that this document is a requirement document, for
            reasons that have
            to do with referencibility by ITU-T we have opted to put it
            on the standards track. The same decision applies to all
            MPLS-TP requirement
            documents.
     Token: Adrian Farrel
RTG  Oct 01 MPLS TP Network Management Requirements (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req-05 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
            Note that this document is a requirement document. For
            reasons that
            have to do with how the ITU-T can reference RFCs we have
            opted to put
            it on the Standards Track.
     Token: Adrian Farrel

2.1.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
TSV  Sep 25 Improving TCP's Robustness to Blind In-Window Attacks
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure-12 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: IESG: Please read the Document Shepherd Writeup, we
            need to discuss the "Updates: 793" issue.
     IPR:     * Cisco's Statement about IPR Claimed in
                draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpsecure

     Token: Lars Eggert
OPS  Sep 24 Lightweight IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Protocols (BCP)
            draft-ietf-mboned-lightweight-igmpv3-mldv2-05 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
     Token: Ron Bonica

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Item

NONE

2.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
RAI  Sep 24 Presence Interdomain Scaling Analysis for SIP/SIMPLE
            (Informational)
            draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-08 [txt]
            [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Ben Campbell is document shepherd
     Token: Robert Sparks
            Was deferred by Cullen Jennings on 2009-09-24
RAI  Oct 03 SPEERMINT Requirements for SIP-based Session Peering
            (Informational)
            draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-07 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Cullen Jennings
RAI  Oct 03 VoIP SIP Peering Use Cases (Informational)
            draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-14 [txt]
            [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Cullen Jennings
RTG  Sep 24 Home Automation Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy
            Networks (Informational)
            draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: JP Vasseur ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd
     Token: Adrian Farrel
SEC  Sep 30 Use of TESLA in the ALC and NORM Protocols (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Tim Polk
RTG  Oct 01 A Framework for Loop-free Convergence (Informational)
            draft-ietf-rtgwg-lf-conv-frmwk-06 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ross Callon
RTG  Sep 29 IP Fast Reroute Framework (Informational)
            draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-framework-12 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ross Callon
SEC  Sep 30 IPv6 Configuration in IKEv2 (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Paul Hoffman ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Tim Polk
APP  Sep 26 Displaying Downgraded Messages for Email Address
            Internationalization (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Harald Alvestrand agreed to shepherd the document
     Token: Alexey Melnikov

3.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
GEN  Oct 03 EAP Authentication Using Only A Password (Informational)
            draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley
            Was deferred by Alexey Melnikov on 2009-09-24
GEN  Oct 03 IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation
            (Informational)
            draft-iana-ipv4-examples-02 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley

3.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not found any
    conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The IESG thinks
    that this work is related to IETF work done in WG <X>, but this
    does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks that publication is
    harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends not publishing at this
    time; 4) The IESG thinks that this document violates the IETF
    procedures for <X> and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this
    document extends an IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF
    review and should therefore not be published without IETF review
    and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG Note portion
    of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions indicate
    consensus with the response proposed by the document shepherd.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Item

Area  Date
SEC  Oct 02 X.509 Key and Signature Encoding for the KeyNote Trust
            Management System (Informational)
            draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-02 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Tim Polk

3.3.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
INT  Sep 29 Routing and Addressing in Next-Generation EnteRprises
            (RANGER) (Informational)
            draft-templin-ranger-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Jari Arkko
GEN  Sep 24 Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief
            Survey (Informational)
            draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Rajeev Koodli ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko

3.3.3 For Action

Area  Date
RAI  Sep 24 Diversion Indication in SIP (Historic)
            draft-levy-sip-diversion-10 [txt]
     Token: Robert Sparks

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
TSV  Sep 16 Multipath TCP (mptcp)
     Token: Magnus

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
TSV  Sep 09 Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance (behave)
     Token: Magnus
INT  Sep 14 Access Node Control Protocol (ancp)
     Token: Ralph

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Link Relations Request [IANA #259813] (Lisa Dusseault)

6.2 Review of application/3gpp-ims+xml Media Type (Alexey Melnikov)

7. Working Group News