Subject: IESG agenda for 2009-12-03 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 04:00:03 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2009-12-03).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

OUTSTANDING TASKS

     Last updated: November 23, 2009

IP  o Magnus Westerlund to draft an IESG Statement on BCP 32.

IP  o Lisa Dusseault to investigate the request to add a new Atom Link
      Relation type for the PubSubHubbub protocol and report back at the
      next telechat (December 3, 2009).  If the requesters do not
      respond, IANA advises to let it go as neither Lisa or IANA have
      gotten a response.

IP  o Lars Eggert and Ron Bonica to propose text for determining when one
      document updates another.

IP  o Jari Arkko to find an expert for eapsimaka-numbers (RFC 4187) [IANA
      #276892].

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
SEC  Nov 30 Using GSS-API Mechanisms in SASL: The GS2 Mechanism Family
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-sasl-gs2-18 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Alexey Melnikov ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd
     Token: Pasi Eronen
TSV  Nov 30 Support for RSVP in Layer 3 VPNs (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-05 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     IPR:     * Cisco's Statement about IPR claimed in
                draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-00

     Token: Magnus Westerlund
            Was deferred by Adrian Farrel on 2009-11-16
RTG  Nov 28 Authentication and Confidentiality in PIM-SM Link-local
            Messages (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Document shepherd is Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
     Token: Adrian Farrel
RTG  Nov 28 Support of address families in OSPFv3 (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-ospf-af-alt-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ross Callon
RTG  Nov 28 Advertising a Router's Local Addresses in OSPF TE
            Extensions (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-ospf-te-node-addr-06 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Acee Lindem ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Ross Callon
RTG  Nov 28 Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamic Provisioning Performance
            Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-10 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Adrian Farrel
INT  Nov 28 Transmission of IPv4 packets over IEEE 802.16's IP
            Convergence Sublayer (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-06 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
            Note: Gabriel Montenegro ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Ralph Droms

2.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
APP  Nov 28 PATCH Method for HTTP (Proposed Standard)
            draft-dusseault-http-patch-16 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> agreed to be the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
APP  Nov 28 FTP Extension Registry (Proposed Standard)
            draft-klensin-ftp-registry-02 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
APP  Nov 28 Defining Well-Known URIs (Proposed Standard)
            draft-nottingham-site-meta-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
APP  Nov 28 IMAP4 Keyword Registry (Proposed Standard)
            draft-melnikov-imap-keywords-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Lisa Dusseault

2.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
INT  Nov 28 Securing Neighbor Discovery Proxy Problem Statement
            (Informational)
            draft-ietf-csi-sndp-prob-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: The document shepherd is Marcelo Bagnulo
            ([email-masked])
     Token: Ralph Droms
INT  Nov 28 Basic Socket Interface Extensions for Host Identity
            Protocol (HIP) (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-hip-native-api-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Gonzalo Camarillo ([email-masked]) is
            the document shepherd.
     Token: Ralph Droms

3.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
INT  Nov 28 The SatLabs Group DVB-RCS MIB (Informational)
            draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Document Shepherd is Gorry Fairhurst
            <[email-masked]>
     Token: Jari Arkko
APP  Nov 28 RFC 2731 ("Encoding Dublin Core Metadata in HTML") is
            Obsolete (Informational)
            draft-reschke-rfc2731bis-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Bernard Desruisseaux
            <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.
            RFC Editor seems to be fine with the idea of obsoleting an
            RFC submitted directly to RFC Editor (e.g. RFC 2731) with
            an AD sponsored document.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
APP  Nov 28 The OAuth Core 1.0 Protocol (Informational)
            draft-hammer-oauth-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault

3.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not found any
    conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The IESG thinks
    that this work is related to IETF work done in WG <X>, but this
    does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks that publication is
    harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends not publishing at this
    time; 4) The IESG thinks that this document violates the IETF
    procedures for <X> and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this
    document extends an IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF
    review and should therefore not be published without IETF review
    and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG Note portion
    of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions indicate
    consensus with the response proposed by the document shepherd.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Item

Area  Date
INT  Nov 28 4over6 Transit Solution using IP Encapsulation and MP-BGP
            Extensions (Experimental)
            draft-wu-softwire-4over6-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ralph Droms

3.3.2 Returning Item

NONE

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
APP  Nov 19 HTTP State Management Mechanism (httpstate)
     Token: Lisa

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 RIM IPR disclosure and application/3gpp-ims+xml media type
registration (Alexey Melnikov)

7. Working Group News