Subject: [RTG-DIR] FW: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:31:51 +0000

Hi,

Here's the NomCom Call for nominations. Please consider if you are interested (you can self-nominate) and as noted nominations do not require management (company) permission. I'm enjoying very much my AD position, and submitted again, but one never knows what will happen in these next 6 months (company or family) or NomCom's priorities. So it's critical that we have a good list of potential nominees for the Routing Area for NomCom to consider.

If you want to talk more with me on "being an AD", just send mail-
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of NomCom Chair 2018
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:05 PM
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations from now 
until September 30, 2018. The open positions being considered by this year's 
NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on this year's NomCom 
website: 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=ZM0i8Fy92S4rT5k6Duzok0_9aw5ButyH-NQsf4peQxg&e= 

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the 
NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL: 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_nominate_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=pfKuRZTYhxtFFSrYoxGFVBPnks1XTkLkdd_1nx1PjuA&e= 

Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have one 
already by visiting the following URL: 
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_accounts_create_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=XE7MZKfb3bf-SMllTLf0fil0Rc4pglvGoXs4SHFVYPg&e=

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by 
email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word 
"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated, 
their email address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the 
position for which you are making the nomination. If you are nominating 
someone other than yourself, please tell us if we may tell the nominee that 
you were the one who made the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via 
email for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so. 

Self-nomination is welcome! 

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the 
position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be available 
on August 31, 2018 and have a submission deadline of October 5, 2018. 

NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list of 
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current 
NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be 
listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account 
may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share 
your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality 
requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom 
deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed. 

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to 
tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This defaults 
to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell. 

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each 
of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or 
before September 30, 2018. 

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your 
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission, as 
it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late. 

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the IETF Chair (IESG General AD) and 
the open slots on the IAB and the IESG. The IAOC position is not being filled 
this year, and the call for nominations related to the IETF LLC will be 
coming in the next few weeks. The list of people and posts whose terms end 
with the March 2019 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which this 
NomCom is responsible, follows: 

IAB 
   - Jari Arkko
   - Gabriel Montenegro
   - Mark Nottingham
   - Robert Sparks
   - Jeff Tantsura
   - Suzanne Woolf 

IESG Chair
   - Alissa Cooper, GEN (IETF Chair) 

IESG
   - Ben Campbell, ART
   - Terry Manderson, INT *
   - Warren Kumari, OPS
   - Deborah Brungard, RTG
   - Alvaro Retana, RTG
   - Eric Rescorla, SEC
   - Spencer Dawkins, TSV * 

*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. This 
information is always up to date on https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=ZM0i8Fy92S4rT5k6Duzok0_9aw5ButyH-NQsf4peQxg&e= 

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these positions, 
as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for the IETF, and 
also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find extensive 
information about specific positions, developed by the IAB and IESG under 
individual tabs at: 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_requirements_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=lBEDCtIYCBPQfvR_7zwkwrx8Kn3EdQ3CCZSrUb301Y4&e= 

In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the positions 
themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and input on the jobs 
within each organization. If you have ideas on the positions' 
responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know. 

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. 

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees! 

regards,
-scott. 

Scott Mansfield
scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org