Subject: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-babel-hmac-07

From: Mike McBride via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:51:01 -0700

Reviewer: Mike McBride
Review result: Ready

Howdy,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The
Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as
they pass through IETF last call and IESG review. The purpose of the review is
to provide assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the
Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would
be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call
comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by
updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-babel-hmac-07
Reviewer: Mike McBride
Review Date: 2 July 2019
IETF LC End Date: 5 July 2019?
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary:
I reviewed the -00 of this draft back in Sept. 2018. The authors addressed my
suggestions. I've now reviewed the -07 version and see no issues.

Comments:
This document is clearly written and easy to understand and ready to go.

Major Issues:
No major issues found.

Minor Issues:
No minor issues found.

Nits:
I still think a terminology section would be helpful in this, and most, ietf
drafts but the authors did a good job of defining acronyms throughout the draft.

well done.
mike

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 16:38:48 +0200

Dear Mike,

I do not recall whether I've already replied to your review, sorry if this
is a duplicate.

> I still think a terminology section would be helpful in this, and most,
> ietf drafts but the authors did a good job of defining acronyms
> throughout the draft.

There are two common styles -- define each term on first use, or provide
a terminology section.  I happen to prefer the former style, you obviously
prefer the latter.  With your kind permission, I am going to stick to my
preferred style, and therefore not follow your advice.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz