Subject: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:08:44 +0200

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext-05
Reviewer: Tal Mizrahi
Review Date: January 30th, 2020
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary:
This document is basically ready for publication, but has two minor issues
that should be considered prior to publication.

Comments:
The document is well-written and clear, even to the non-expert reader. The
examples are highly appreciated.

Minor issues:
- The following definition in the "Terminology" section is recursive, and
not very clear at this point in the document (it becomes clearer only after
the "Definitions" section). It would be highly recommended to rephrase this:

'YANG data structure: A data structure defined with the "structure"
statement.'

- The "Definitions" section seems to define a single term, the YANG data
structure. It would be best to rename the section.

Cheers,
Tal Mizrahi.