Subject: [SAM] A new draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt

From: "Jun Lei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:09:10 +0200

Hallo, all:

 An initial Internet-Draft is now available from the on-line Internet-drafts 
directories:

 Title		: DMMP: Dynamic Mesh-based Overlay Multicast Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Lei, et al.
	Filename	: draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-6-21

This document describes a Dynamic Mesh-based overlay Multicast
Protocol (DMMP) to support multicast data delivery applications
without relying on classic IP multicast, including multicast group
management, overlay hierarchy establishment, multicast tree
construction and data forwarding scheme from the source to a number
of receivers.  The DMMP framework builds on control plane functions
which dynamically manage an overlay core and a multicast tree layer.
The key idea is a small number of selected end hosts self-organizing
into an overlay mesh, and dynamically maintaining such a mesh.  Based
on the constructed mesh, some core-based clusters are built with
capacity-aware trees inside.  Then, a multicast tree consists of
DMMP-aware end hosts (and/or specific routers) is built on the top of
the overlay core for efficient delivery of the multicast data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt

Comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Best Regards
Jun

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam

---

From: Yuji IMAI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:27:17 +0900

Hi, all.

  I am happy there are active people here. BTW, how many people will be
next IETF in Montreal. If they not so small but not so many group, I
want to see and have lunch or dinners other than the on-agenda meeting
on Tuesday. I think we have to many thing to discuss in a 2 and half
hours meeting.

 I will touch down at 19:10 on Monday 10th July and jump early morning
on Thursday 13th.

 Are there any other?
--
ug