Subject: [SAM] draft-muramoto-irtf-sam-generic-require-01.txt

From: Eiichi Muramoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:22:43 +0900

Hello all.

We updated the requirment draft based on your comments.

Thanks,
--
Eiichi Muramoto / WIDE project

------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Scalable Adaptive Multicast Framework in Non-GIG Networks
	Author(s)	: E. Muramoto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-muramoto-irtf-sam-generic-require-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-11-21
	
The Scalable Adaptive Multicast (SAM) Research Group is chartered to
   explore and research techniques which improve multicast performance
   with respect to dimensions such as number of groups, dynamics of
   group membership, dynamics of the network topology, and network
   resource constraints.  This document describes requirements for SAM
   framework, especially for non-GIG environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muramoto-irtf-sam-generic-require-01.txt

-----
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam

---

From: Rick Boivie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:05:07 -0500

Eiichi-san,

Thanks.

A couple of minor comments.

You might change "will provide firm basements" to
"will provide a firm foundation".

change "provides compliment and integrated method" to
"provides a complementary and integrated method"

change "looks very ambitions" to "looks very ambitious"

Where it says "Therefore, the data packets has knowledge
about the distribution tree".
The data packets include a list of destinations but they
don't really know too much about the distribution tree.
The tree is known only when one combines the list of
destinations with information from the unicast route table.

Rick

Eiichi Muramoto <[email-masked]> wrote on 12/06/2006
explore and research techniques which improve multicast performance
with respect to dimensions such as number of groups, dynamics of
membership, dynamics of the network topology, and network
constraints.  This document describes requirements for SAM
especially for non-GIG environment.
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muramoto-irtf-sam-generic-
> require-01.txt
[email-masked]