Subject: [SAM] CFP - International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Network Virtual Environments 2007

From: "J.-R. Jiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:06:15 +0800

================ CALL FOR PAPERS ================
P2P-NVE 2007
International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Network Virtual Environments 2007
in conjunction with
The 13th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2007)
December 5 -7, 2007
National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan 

http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007.

=================================================
About P2P-NVE 2007

The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments (NVEs)
such as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have
spawned a series of research interests in constructing such large-scale
virtual environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost
of management and deployment, more and more studies propose using
peer-to-peer (P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for
games, multimedia virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of
such research is to support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to
make hosting virtual worlds more affordable than existing client-server
approaches. However, existing solutions for consistency control,
persistent data storage, multimedia data dissemination, and
cheat-prevention may not be straightforwardly adapted to such new
environments, novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize the
potential of P2P-based NVEs.

The theme of this workshop is to solicit original and previously
unpublished new ideas on the construction and realization of P2P-based
NVEs, with a focus to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both
academics and practitioners. All papers accepted for the workshop will
be included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and will be included in
the proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Constructions of P2P overlays for NVEs

* Multicast for P2P NVEs

* P2P NVE content distribution

* 3D streaming for P2P NVEs

* Voice communication on P2P NVEs

* Persistent storage for P2P NVEs

* Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games

* Data structures and queries for P2P NVEs

* Consistency control for P2P NVEs

* Design considerations for P2P NVEs

* P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

* Prototype P2P virtual environment systems

Important Dates

Paper Submission:                  July 10, 2007

Author Notification:                August 10, 2007

Camera Ready Copy Due:     September 2, 2007

Paper Submission 

Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original,
unpublished manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced
pages, to web site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007. Submitted
papers should be in be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer
Society guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/press/outgoing/proceedings). All submitted
papers will be refereed by reviewers in terms of originality,
contribution, correctness, and presentation.

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam