Subject: [SAM] IEEE IMSAA09 Advance Program and Call for Participation

From: Dr Mario Kolberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:44:50 +0000

CALL FOR PAPERS

3rd IEEE International Conference on
Internet Multimedia Systems Architecture and Application (IMSAA-09)
Bangalore, India, 9 – 11 December 2009
http://www.imsaa.org

Keynote Speakers
================

Dr. Siavash M. Alamouti, Intel Fellow,
     CTO Mobile Wireless Group, Intel Corporation, USA
Dr. Rajeev Rastogi, VP and Head of Yahoo! Labs Bangalore,
Dr. Vishy Poosala, Head Bell Labs India, Alcatel-Lucent, India
Dr. Venky Krishnaswamy, Director, Avaya Labs Research, USA
Dr. Ashok Chandra, Wireless Advisor, Jt. Secretary,
     Department of Telecommunications, Government of India

IMSAA-09, sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society, IEEE COMSOC
Society Bangalore, IEEE Bangalore Section, supported and
attended by multi-national corporations and academic institutions, is an
annual international conference organized with the objective of bringing
together researchers, engineers and practitioners from academia and
industry working in Internet-based telecommunications services and
converged broadband networking.

IMSAA-09 will present the latest developments and technical solutions in
the areas of next generation communication system and multimedia
services, and related deployment, performance, security and mobility
topics. The conference will include a peer reviewed program of technical
sessions, three workshops, and demonstration sessions.

The IMSAA's Technical Program will provide presentations in the
following key areas of telecommunications services and converged networking:

o Next Generation Communications Systems
o Advanced Services and Applications
o IP Multimedia Subsystem
o Peer-to-Peer and Application Layer Overlays for NGN
o Multimedia Streaming and Communications
o Open Source-based Activities in the NGN
o NGN Management and Business Models
o Security & Privacy towards Converged Communications

As evaluated by TPC Chairs and TPC Members, the top three papers will be
given a Best Paper Award for IMSAA 09. The winners will be announced
during the conference. The Best Paper Awards have been supported by
Nokia, Finland.

IMSAA will also feature one tutorial by Dr. Shantidev Mohanty, Dr.
Muthaiah Venkatachalam, and Dr. Jose Puthenkulam of Intel Corporation,
USA. They will talk about 4G: Next-Generation Broadband Mobile Internet
Technology. This tutorial will be presented on 9th Dec. 2009, 9.30am -
5.30pm.

IMSAA 2009 will host the following workshops:

o International Workshop on Collaborative Security (CoSec)
o International Workshop on Emerging Internet Applications
o International Workshop on Advances in Peer-to-Peer Technology

We are very grateful to our patrons: HP invent, Intel, Microsoft
Research, Nokia, Infosys, City University London, IT Dept., Goverment of
Karnataka.

For further information, please see the conference
website: http://www.imsaa.org

-------------------------------------------------------
TPC Chairs:
Dr. John Buford (Avaya Labs Research, USA)
Dr. Vijay K Gurbani (Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent, USA)
Dr. Anand Prasad (NEC, Japan)

General Chair:
Dr. Debabrata Das (IIIT-Bangalore)

-- 
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, 
 number SC 011159.