Subject: [SAM] IWQoS 2010 Call for Papers

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:55:50 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18th IEEE International Workshop on Quality of
Service (IWQoS
2010)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June
16-18, 2010, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China

http://www.ieee-iwqos.org/2010/cfp.html

Improving quality of service ( QoS ) in both networks and end systems
has been
a long lasting research focus worldwide. The seventeen-year-long
success of
IWQoS has established it as a highly reputable forum to present novel
ideas on
all research subjects related to QoS. While QoS research for future
generations
of wired and wireless networks continues to captivate much interest,
recent
exploration of data centers, virtualization, cloud computing,
industrial
communication, and “green” computing has motivated a new wave of
research
interest in QoS and its related metrics such as Quality of Experience
(QoE) and
Quality of Protection (QoP) . The scope of IWQoS 2010 covers both
theoretical
and experimental research on QoS related issues such as survivability,
availability, reliability, security, privacy, pricing, resource
provisioning
and management, user experience, and system performance guarantees.
Topics of
interest include QoS issues in (but not limited to) the following areas:

Data
centers, virtualization and cloud computing

Energy
saving in networks and end systems; IT technologies to reduce energy
consumption in applications

Protection,
experience, security and privacy

System
dependability, availability; resilience and robustness to faults and
DoS attacks

Scheduling,
resource management, queue management, admission control; traffic
engineering approaches and tools for provisioning and evaluation

Quality
evaluation metrics and methodologies; application-aware QoS parsing,
identification and control

Measurement,
evaluation, adaptation and verification

Network
operations, pricing and billing, network and service management

Architectures
and protocols for IP and WDM networks, overlay and peer-to-peer
networks; wireless ad hoc, mesh, and sensor networks

Design for
the future Internet

Paper
Submission Guidelines: IWQoS invites submission of manuscripts with
original
research results that have not been previously published or that are
not
currently under review by another conference or journal. Submissions
will be
judged based on originality, significance, interest, clarity,
relevance, and
correctness. Paper submissions should be no longer than 9
single-spaced,
double-column pages with font-size of 10. Papers must be submitted
electronically as PDF files through the EDAS system
(http://edas.info/N8541).
All submitted papers will be subject to peer reviews by Technical
Program
Committee members and other experts in the field. IWQoS aims at rapid
dissemination of research results. For fast turnaround in the review
process, a
short review and publication cycle is designed, with the submission
deadline as
close to the workshop as the publisher allows.

The
proceedings will be published in IEEE Xplore and EI indexed.  However,
IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not
presented at
the conference.

IMPORTANT
DATES

---------------------------

Paper submission deadline: Feb.
8, 2010

Notification of accept: April 5, 2010

Camera-ready papers: April 23, 2010

Technical
Program
Committee

-------------------------------------------

Abhishek
Chandra, University of Minnesota, USA

Amund Kvalbein, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

Baochun Li, University of Toronto, Canada

Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA

Cheng-Zhong Xu, Wayne State University, USA

Carlos Calafate, Technical University of Valencia, Spain

Gang Feng, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China,
China

David Yau, Purdue University, USA

Dan Marinescu, University of Central Florida, USA

Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal

Georgios Karagiannis, University of Twente, The Netherlands

Haining Wang, College of William and Mary, USA

Himabindu Pucha, IBM ARC, USA

Iordanis Koutsopoulos, UTH, Greece

Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada

Joel Rodrigues IT, University of Beira Interior, Portugal

John Chi Shing Lui, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Martin Reisslein, Arizona State University, USA

Matthew Caesar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA

Narasimha Reddy, Texas A & M University, USA

Oliver Hohlfeld, TU Berlin, Germany

Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France

Patrick Pak-Ching Lee, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Qun Li, College
of William and Mary, USA

Rade Stanojevic, Telefonica Research, Spain

Sridhar Machiraju, Google, USA

Srihari Nelakuditi, University of South Carolina, USA

Steve Uhlig, TU Berlin/T-labs, Germany

Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland

Vasilios Siris, ICS-FORTH / Athens University of Economics and
Business, Greece

Weiyi Zhang, North Dakota State University, USA

Xiuzhen Cheng, George Washington Univ., USA

Xue Liu, McGill University, Canada

Yan Chen, Northwestern University, USA

--

Xiaoming Fu, http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~fu