Subject: [SAM] CFP - Scalable Adaptive Multicast on P2P Overlays (Deadline Aug 1)--special session at IEEE CCNC 2011

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:34:47 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

Special Session on Scalable Adaptive Multicast in P2P Overlays 

at IEEE Consumer Comunications and Networking Conference 

www.ieee-ccnc.org 

IEEE CCNC 2011  

Jan 8-11 Las Vegas

The emergence of peer-to-peer networking enables new applications that
require efficient multicast communication. These applications include
peercasting of multimedia streams, multi-party conferencing, multi-player
games, and group chat. Many consumer applications of multicasting involve
small groups of users, content streaming, mobility, hybrid transport and
other requirements not considered in previous systems.

Due to delayed deployment of native multicast, various end-system,
application layer (ALM) and overlay multicast (OM) designs have been
proposed. In the future, these protocols are expected to coexist and
integrate with native IP multicast protocols while offering more flexible
deployment options and scaling to support a greater number of simultaneous
multicast groups. In addition these protocols need to adapt to device
capabilities and mobility.

The goal of this special session is to provide a forum for engineers,
architects, and researchers to share knowledge and innovation in hybrid and
adaptive P2P multicast techniques.
We solicit papers covering various topics of interest that include (but are
not limited to) the following:

Peer-to-peer overlays with multicast support Small group multicast
Application Layer Multicast (ALM) techniques Hybrid multicasting
architectures Comparitive analysis of ALM and OM architectures Scalable
integration of QoS mechanisms Adaptive content distribution over P2P overlay
multicast Methods for large-scale group formation and discovery Support for
highly dynamic group membership Support for mobility in P2P overlay
multicast

All accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings of IEEE CCNC
2011.  More information about the special session is available at
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org 

Submission Instructions

Submissions are through EDAS.

Papers due:              August 1, 2010
Acceptance notification: Sept 15, 2010
Camera-ready version:    Oct 1, 2010

Submission details can be found under
Author Information on the CCNC web site.

Session Organizers

Thomas C. Schmidt, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany 

Matthias Waehlisch, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany 

John Buford, Avaya Labs Research, USA