Subject: [SAM] RFC 7019 on Application-Layer Multicast Extensions to REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7019

        Title:      Application-Layer Multicast Extensions to REsource 
                    LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) 
        Author:     J. Buford,
                    M. Kolberg, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 83788
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-samrg-sam-baseline-protocol-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7019.txt

We define a REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Usage for
Application-Layer Multicast (ALM) as well as a mapping to the RELOAD
experimental message type to support ALM.  The ALM Usage is intended
to support a variety of ALM control algorithms in an
overlay-independent way.  Two example algorithms are defined, based
on Scribe and P2PCast.

This document is a product of the Scalable Adaptive Multicast
Research Group (SAM RG).

This document is a product of the Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC