Subject: Re: [secdir] We need nominations

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:30:30 -0400

Folks,

(Sam & Barry:  Thanks for starting this thread.  I have been remiss  
in not
doing so myself.)

It is critically important that the NomCom have the best candidates  
possible
to choose from.  The IETF's work deserves and demands the best people
available!   Please take some time and check out the NomCom '08 website,

     https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/08/

review the requirements, and please, please submit nominations for  
people
that you feel could best serve the interests of the community.   
Nominating
yourself is more than acceptable... that way, nomcom knows that you
are willing to serve!)  As Barry said, don't be shy.

While this list is an obvious target for security area nominations,  
please
consider nominating people for other Area Director positions, or for the
IAB or IAOC.  All of these folks play an important role, and I  
understand
we are short on nominations across the board.

Again, thanks to Sam and Barry for raising the topic.  Friday October  
3 is
coming fast, and I appreciate the reminder.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

On Sep 29, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

> Sam says...
>> Folks, this Friday, October 3 is the deadline to nominate people for
>> IETF leadership positions.  We could really use some security AD
>> nominations.  I'd appreciate it if you could take a few moments to
>> think about who would make a good AD and then nominate them.
>
> I'll add that the NomCom needs candidates, EVEN IF IT ENDS UP RE- 
> APPOINTING Tim.
> Putting yourself or your buddy into the ring does NOT mean that you  
> want Tim to
> be replaced.  For many reasons, the system only works if the NomCom  
> has real
> choices.  So don't be shy.
>
> Barry
>
> _______________________________________________
> secdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:42:59 -0400

>>>>> "Barry" == Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> writes:

    Barry> Sam says...
    >> Folks, this Friday, October 3 is the deadline to nominate
    >> people for IETF leadership positions.  We could really use some
    >> security AD nominations.  I'd appreciate it if you could take a
    >> few moments to think about who would make a good AD and then
    >> nominate them.

    Barry> I'll add that the NomCom needs candidates, EVEN IF IT ENDS
    Barry> UP RE-APPOINTING Tim.  Putting yourself or your buddy into
    Barry> the ring does NOT mean that you want Tim to be replaced.
    Barry> For many reasons, the system only works if the NomCom has
    Barry> real choices.  So don't be shy.

Yes!  If you'd rather Tim be picked, but would be willing to serve if
selected, then by all means, nominate yourself, and tell us that.