Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for February 2010

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:55:37 +0100

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- Planning AD transition with Tim/Sean
- IETF 77 planning with Tim/Sean: SAAG meeting, SecDir 
  lunch, overall agenda
- (not wearing AD hat) draft-krawczyk-hkdf went through IETF last
  call; on the agenda of 2010-03-04 IESG telechat.
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for Dan Romascanu to process 
  errata 1955/1956 for RFC 4072 [since 2009-12-09]
- Waiting for IETF Trust's reply on how to contribute pre-5378
  rights to the trust [since 2009-11-03]
- Lot of tools work (code I want to get in decent state before
  my AD term ends)

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-deployment: discussion ongoing to resolve
  Tim's DISCUSS; currently waiting for Tim to reply [since 2010-02-25]
- Processed errata 1385.
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1532, 1596,
  and 1942.
- Waiting for Stephen and Barry for new charter text.

EMU
- The WG chairs have the token for doing something about ITU-T 
  X.1034 liaison statement.

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): 
  published as RFC 5739.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics: went through IETF
  last call; placed on the agenda of 2010-03-04 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap: sent by AD review comments; waiting
  for reply/revised ID [since 2010-02-26]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-aes-ctr-ikev2: sent my AD review
  comments; waiting for reply/revised ID [since 2010-01-27]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-traffic-visibility: in RFC editor queue.
- I need to look at errata 1937 (for RFC 4307) [since 2009-11-02]

ISMS
- draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm: sent my AD review comments; waiting
  for reply/revised ID [since 2010-02-25]

KEYPROV
- draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc: waiting for me to do my AD 
  review [since 2010-02-28]
- draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat: waiting for me to 
  do my AD review [since 2010-02-28]

PKIX
- Processed errata 1909/2048 (for RFC 3279), 2013 (for RFC 5758), 
  and 2021 (for RFC 5756)

SASL
- draft-ietf-sasl-gs2: in RFC editor queue/AUTH48
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram: in RFC editor queue/AUTH48
- (not WG item) draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap: in 
  RFC editor queue/AUTH48
- (not WG item) draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: waiting for the 
  authors to propose wording that is both aligned with the 
  implementations, and considers the renegotiation problem and 
  solution [pinged again 2010-02-26]

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: in RFC editor queue. Waiting for the
  authors to reply about SHA-256 issue [since 2010-03-01]

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation: published as RFC 5746.
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: in RFC editor queue, waiting for
  Eric to reply.
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: it seems we need more text about
  server_name (and perhaps renegotiation); waiting for WG 
  chairs/editor to drive discussion/propose text.
- (not WG item) see SASL WG for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings
- (not WG item) lot of emails about draft-hoffman-tls-* I 
  need to read, but haven't yet...

OTHER DOCUMENTS

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message: it seems bigger issues
  concerning this draft need to be resolved before it makes sense
  to address my relatively minor concern; waiting for that dust
  to settle [as of 2010-03-01]
- draft-ietf-geopriv-lis-discovery: discussion ongoing; currently
  waiting for more information from WG chair/authors [since 2010-02-25]
- draft-zorn-radius-pkmv1: discussion ongoing; currently waiting 
  for the author to reply to my comments [since 2010-03-01]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2010-01-29]
- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2010-01-29]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29, 2009-12-28, 2010-02-18)
- draft-ietf-sip-certs: waiting for the authors to reply 
  [since 2009-10-26] (pinged 2010-01-22)
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--