Subject: [secdir] draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns-12.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:13:54 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the Security Directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

This Standards Track draft specifies a multicast link-local variant of
DNS. I previously reviewed the -08 version which was aimed at
Informational.

SECURITY COMMENTS:

The Security Considerations section seems reasonable for a standards
track document describing an existing link local usage. The Security
Considerations documentation suggestions in my previous review appear
to have been adopted.

OTHER COMMENTS:

The Other Comments in my previous review have been delt with to a
greater or lesser extent.

TRIVIA

All my trivia complaints in the previous review have been fixed.

I would suggest that the first word of Section 20, currently "The",
should be replaced by "A major" or "One of the" or the like.

For consistency with RFC 5395, all occurrences of "pseudo-RR" should
be replace with "meta-RR" and it would not hurt to add a reference to
RFC 5395 (or the rfc5395bis draft which is being fast tracked).

Thanks,
Donald