Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06

From: Sean Turner via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 08:31:40 -0700

Reviewer: Sean Turner
Review result: Ready

Hi! I am doing this review as part of the Security Directorate.

This I-D updates NTP v4 [RFC 5095] to recommend the use of transport-protocol
ephemeral port randomization for those modes where use of the NTP well-known
port is not required. The port randomization recommendation is based on BCP 156
[RFC6056], which recommends the randomization of transport-protocol ephemeral
ports. This I-D is in fact co-authored by one of the co-authors of BCP 156. The
I-D motivates the recommendation and enumerates some considerations as they
relate to NTP as well as identifies the exact changes (i.e., two-sentence
dstport replaced with more text). It also appears that this I-D is well
implemented as noted in the implementation status section.

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 01:46:30 -0300

Hi, Sean,

Thanks for your review!

Cheers,
Fernando

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492