Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest-07

From: Robert Sparks via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 08:28:24 -0700

Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors. Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

This document is essentially ready for publication as an Informational RFC, but
with nits.

Document reviewed: draft-ietf-bmwg-evpntest-07

This document describes a set of lab-environment characterization tests to be
performed on isolated networks.

The document has basic formatting issues (line and page length) that should be
addressed before submission for publication as an RFC.

The document does not discuss how the use of any of the mechanisms discussed in
RFC7432 (and the RFCs it relies on) for improving the security characteristics
of the protocols in use would affect the measurements being made, though it
seems to suggest that the lab mimic production configuration. Perhaps that
could be stated more clearly.

---

From: Sarah Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 09:21:31 -0700

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for your review, and your comments. The authors are reviewing the feedback and will update with accepted changes shortly.

Thank you,
Sarah (Doc Shepherd)

> On May 22, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Robert Sparks via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Robert Sparks
> Review result: Has Nits
>