Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry-03

From: Daniel Migault via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:15:32 -0700

Reviewer: Daniel Migault
Review result: Ready

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's  ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the  IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

The document is ready to me.

I do have though a generic question I regularly ask to myself - regarding the
reference to place. My current thinking is that there are usually more than one
reference that would be useful to place. Typically, there is a reference that
creates the code point in this case, 7153, 8955, 8955, some references are
updating the registry (this document) and in some cases, some references are
deprecating the usage of the code point - mostly for crypto. I do not think we
have clear guidance on which reference to place. In my opinion more than one
reference could be placed. I am wondering if there are any thoughts on this.

Yours,
Daniel