Subject: [secdir] Security directorate review of draft-ietf-lsr-yang-isis-reverse-metric-04

From: "Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:13:26 -0700

Security review of YANG Module for IS-IS Reverse Metric
	 draft-ietf-lsr-yang-isis-reverse-metric-04

Do not be alarmed.  I generated this review of this document as part
of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF
documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written
with the intent of improving security requirements and considerations
in IETF drafts.  Comments not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs
should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

The abstract (with typo noted):

   This document defines a YANG module for managing the reverse metric
   extension to the Intermediate System to Intermediate System intra-
   domain routeing information exchange protocol (IS-IS).
              ^
The spelling error seems to have been copied from ISO Standard 10589:2002.
There's no need to continue propagating it.

The draft has a decent discussion of security considerations regarding
the privacy of the information expressed in the data.

The document is READY.  

Hilarie

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 22:21:11 +0000

Speaking as Document Shepherd:

Hi Hilarie, 

On 11/15/21, 1:15 PM, "Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]> wrote:

This could be said for many things in IS-IS but that has never dissuaded us. __

Thanks,
Acee

    The document is READY.  

    Hilarie