Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy-14

From: Benjamin Schwartz via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 09:52:50 -0800

Reviewer: Benjamin Schwartz
Review result: Ready

This document is ready with a few minor clarifications.  It does not seem to
require detailed Security Area review.

Section 2.1
"printable ASCII characters": Needs reference to what qualifies as "printable
ASCII".

"color is a 32-bit numerical value": specify unsigned?

Section 2.4
"represented as a 4-byte number": In what byte order?

Section 9 "Protection": It's not clear who this is protecting from what. 
Possible alternative title: "Recovering from segment failure".

---

From: Ketan Talaulikar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:29:36 +0530

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your review and please check in-line below for responses.

> "printable ASCII characters": Needs reference to what qualifies as

KT> This made me search around a bit. I've found RFC20 (which doesn't
explicitly define it) and then RFC1342 that uses that term. I thought this
was a well-known thing and not something that needs additional
qualifications or references and happy to put the right reference if one
exists.

> "color is a 32-bit numerical value": specify unsigned?

KT> Yes. Will update in the next update.

> "represented as a 4-byte number": In what byte order?

KT> Since this document does not specify an "on the wire protocol" the byte
order would be dictated by the system implementing it.

> Possible alternative title: "Recovering from segment failure".

KT> Ack. Will change to "Recovering from Network Failures".

Thanks,
Ketan