Subject: [Syslog] ITU alarm levels in draft-ietf-syslog-protocol ID

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:11:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

David and I had a talk about this.  I still feel that the ITU Alarm state 
is underspecified in draft-ietf-syslog-protocol since we do have a 
mechanism to fully specify it.  I'm willing to allow that the current 
Section 6.1.1 be moved to the Apendix of draft-ietf-syslog-protocol if we 
can find someone to write a document that specifies a full mapping of the 
the ITU alarms as SD Params.  We could place a non-normative reference in 
draft-ietf-syslog-protocol to say that current work is being undertaken to 
fully specify this in a complete mapping.  David and I will review this 
with our ADs to see if it should become a WG document.

Can we get someone to write this document?

Thanks,
Chris & David

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog