Subject: [Syslog] Proposed schedule

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:02:47 -0500

Hi,

Chris and I have discussed the last calls and the status of the
documents.

We believe the -protocol-, -udp-, and -tls- documents have received
adequate review, and are (almost) ready for submission to the IESG. If
the WG reaches consensus on the remaining issues, and revisions are
published reflecting the consensus, then we plan to submit them for
advancement by the end of this week.

We believe there have been enough changes to the text of -sign- and
-mib- to require an additional last call for these documents. There
are a number of reviews that have been performed on these documents,
and a number of issues discussed and resolved. Not all requested
changes (that the chairs approve as consensus) are reflected in the
latest official revisions. We are in discussions with the editors
about getting the documents updated so we can take them to WGLC again.

We expect -sign- will be republished within the next week or so, and
then we will start a WGLC. Assuming no major problems develop, we hope
to have a syslog-sign document submitted to the IESG by mid-December.

The -mib- document had a number of significant changes, and a number
of detailed changes requested, and the chairs have not finished
reviewing the document changes versus the requested changes yet. Once
we are satisfied the current list of comments has been addressed
properly, we will ask Glen to publish a new revision and we will start
a WGLC. If all goes well, we may have this done by mid-December, but
we accept that it may take as long as late January to complete the
document, run another WG last call (in non-holiday weeks), and make
adjustments to be ready for submission to the IESG.

Good work everybody, and thanks for staying involved to get these
documents to completion.

David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

bcc: the area directors

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog