Subject: [Syslog] Revision 18 of Syslog-Protocol has been posted

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:45:37 +0100

Hello all,

I have yesterday posted the latest revision of syslog-protocol to the
draft editor. I expect it to come up on the I-D announcement list today.
For those interested in a preview, I have made it available at

   http://www.syslog.cc/ietf/drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-18.txt

-protocol-18 contains changes requested during the last WGLC in August.
Thankfully, there have been a number of excellent comments. I had
prepared a change list for the chairs. Rather than now tearing that list
apart and sending seperate replies to the mails (which will often miss
the context), I have made this list available publically:

   http://www.syslog.cc/ietf/drafts/2nd-wglc-response-chris-public.html

-- black text is orginal comment, green is me, red is chair or to be
discussed (if "RG:" is present in front) --

Please note that discussion on ITU Preceived Severity has been
re-initiated and I have not yet (re)moved that part from the document.

Not included in this list are some editorial changes I did early in
August. They are outlined here:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog%40lists.ietf.org/msg00785.html

I would appreciate any comments on the new draft. I would also once
again like to express my gratitude to everyone who commented on the
previous version.

Rainer

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog