Subject: [Syslog] WGLC sign-20 comments, part 1

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:33:55 -0500

Hi,

I started doing a quick review of sign-20. There have been quite a few
changes in the text, including some that will have impact on the
technical specification, so if you haven't reviewed the latest
revision, you probably should to make sure the new text is acceptable.

1) the document passes idnits 1.122

2) I have some concerns about the RFC2119 keyword usages. There are
quite a few lowercase "must" and "may" and other RFC2119 keywords
throughout the document. This can cause quite a lot of delay during
advancement since every IESG member is likely to question whether they
are required for interoperability and  should be capitalized keywords.

3) /A device needs to hence support persisting previous reboot session
ID across reboots./The reboot session ID must be persistent across
reboots./

More later.

David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog