Subject: [Syslog] -transport-tls-12+ implementation report

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:00:59 +0200

Hi WG,

I have finished my implementation of -transport-tls-12 plus Joe's latest
text. I have written an implementation report which you can find at

http://blog.gerhards.net/2008/05/syslog-transport-tls-12-implementation.
html

This post is rather long. But it sums up my experience of roughly three
weeks of implementation, so it needs to be. I have identified a number
of problem spots, defined a rsyslog-specific policy suitable for many
use cases and come to the conclusion that -transport-tls is doing quite
well.

If you have any feedback on the report, I would love to hear it. Please
note that the report's intension is not to mandate changes to
-transport-tls but to provide honest feedback from someone who
implemented it. Joe's latest text is quite OK, the only change I would
very much like to see is to remove the MUST on ipAddress authentication.

Please note that the implementation is actually available to anyone. You
can simply download it from http://www.rsyslog.com. I know of at least
one actual deployment by a real user and expect the number to grow in
the coming weeks. I will also continue to fine-tune the implementation
and, if at all possible, keep up with changes to the draft.

Thanks,
Rainer
_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog