Subject: [Syslog] Syslog-sign: Minor clarifications, part 2

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:40:27 +0300

Is it possible to sign the same set of messages with multiple
algorithms (by sending multiple Payload and Signature Blocks) to
provide smooth algorithm transition? (i.e., if the originator 
is upgraded first, it would sign the messages both with old and 
new algorithm -- using the old algorithm could be switched off
some time after then collector is upgraded, too.)

Section 4.2.5: When counting messages for the "First Message Number"
field, are Signature Blocks and Certificate Blocks also counted?

Should earlier Signature Block and/or Certificate Block messages
be included in Hash Blocks?

Section 7: the text seems to assume that Reboot Session ID is
included; what about the case when originator does not maintain
state across reboots? (always sends Reboot Session ID 0)

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog