Subject: [Syslog] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:45:52 -0500

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Transmission of SYSLOG message over DTLS
	Author(s)	: H. Feng
	Filename	: draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2009-2-25
	
   This document describes a Transport for the Syslog Protocol, which
   uses the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  The
DTLS
   protocol provides authentication and privacy services for SYSLOG
   applications.  This document describes how using DTLS to transport
   SYSLOG messages makes this protection possible in an interoperable
   way.

   This transport is designed to meet the security and operational
needs
   of network administrators, operate in environments where a
   connectionless (UDP) transport is preferred, and integrates well
into
   existing public keying infrastructures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-feng-syslog-transport-dtls-0
0.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Rainer Gerhards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:21:05 +0100

I have not yet looked at the new draft, but here has been prior work
by Tom Petch and me in this direction:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg11459.html

It may make sense to merge the two efforts.

Rainer

2009/2/25 David Harrington <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>
>