Subject: Fwd: RE: Review needed -- draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-06.txt

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:39:13 -0500

These comments came from an internal Juniper person who has
worked with IPsec implementations. Since the document came
from inside Juniper, it contained some internal stuff, so I am 
forwarding the pertinent parts. Ross

>In a nutshell, the draft suggests that IPsec transport mode should 
>be used, instead of IPsec tunnel mode, to connect private networks 
>over a public infrastructure, when dynamic routing is required.
>
>The "fundamental problems" with the use of IPsec tunnel mode 
>with dynamic routing, as described by the author, if anything, 
>seem to be an implementation specific problem. 
>
>Also, I think I recognize this draft. It appeared in the IPsec WG 
>years ago but people there did not care for it. 

_______________________________________________
Vpn-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vpn-dir